Question for Roadking owners

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dead Moon Rising

Reaction score
I was curious how many use the Roadking Cab along with the head. The few i've heard sounded awesome, but they were played thru standard mesa cabs and i haven't heard the clean channel on one yet. I'd like to know how the split cabs sounds, are the cleans good? can you get nice projection with only 2 speakers working at a time?

edit: also, how is the switching between cabs? smooth?

Thanks

I use the RK 4x12 slant with my RK II head. I wouldn't want to be without it. As I've said before, the BRIT mode just doesn't quite work with the closed back V30 cabinet and pretty much all channel 1 and 2 sounds work much better with the C90 open back side IMO. On the other hand, the channel 3 and 4 sounds definitely call for the V30 closed back cabinet partition for me.

Combining both sides will give you a thick, complex tone but I haven't found a use for that yet. I prefer the better focus of either side by itself. So the only drawback with the RK cab is that it's so heavy and large for effectively getting only a 2 speaker sound. But it's a price I'll gladly pay for its flexibility and superb tone.

Thanks for the info, I definately plan on getting a RK in the future, but wasnt sure if it was worth investing in the cab too. so it's heavy huh?

Latest posts

Back