Question for guys who rackmount there MKIV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lights Out

Reaction score
Hi
Im about to rackmount my MKIV combo.
I would like to know which type of rack Cases you guys use ?

Looking at some of them like SKB they dont look strong enough to handle the weight for many years.

Here in Australia the choices are great but some of the quality is not.

Im thinking of getting something custom made , thought it would be easier to get something of the shelf . Im just a little worried about strenght & durability.

What do you guys recomend ?

I would suggest anything that is built heavy like an ATA case that is shock mounted. Chances are if it is shockmounted then it is built tough enough to withstand just about anything you can throw at it because noone would build a shockmounted rack that isn't strong enough to take a beating to begin with. Your amp isn't cheap. Protect it.

Your basic rackbox would work if you don't plan on it ever going anywhere. Otherwise again, protect your investment.

Russ said:
I would suggest anything that is built heavy like an ATA case that is shock mounted. Chances are if it is shockmounted then it is built tough enough to withstand just about anything you can throw at it because noone would build a shockmounted rack that isn't strong enough to take a beating to begin with. Your amp isn't cheap. Protect it.

Your basic rackbox would work if you don't plan on it ever going anywhere. Otherwise again, protect your investment.

+1
Shock is the only way to go with this type of gear anything with weight and cost $$$$$$$$

I use a normal non-shockmount case.
I transport the rack myself. If someone else movees your stuff: gt a shockmount.

I joined a band that tours interstate frequently.

But i mainly want to use the Boogie set up for local gigs , I don't like the idea of the amp being shipped interstate though I would like to.

The idea of going through many different hands worries me !

I plan to transport the MIV to gigs myself , thats why Im interested in some kind of case that isnt very heavy....Some of the Clubs are quite big with staircares etc.

The road crew are there to help but can be carless , you know

Back