Question about rectification?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan28

Reaction score
Hey guys I love the focus and the accuracy of the silicone diode, but I love the tone of the tube rectifier. Any suggestions how to mix the two?

There will be people on here recommending that you try the JJ GZ34 rectifier tube from eurotubes.com

The word of mouth around here is quite positive, so you might consider trying them, although I haven't myself.

You really can't mix the two becuase its he ineffiency of a rectifier tube that gives it that great tone. And the effiency of a silicon diode that gives it that focus and tightness.

+1 to the JJ GZ34, it might be the inbetween feel you are looking for. I'm not sure if it is electronically feasable to mix the two.

nathan28 said:
thanks for the replies guys, i think the gz34 might be the answer. Payday i guess ill order a set and see.

yep, I like em too

If the amp is wired for a 5U4, I don't think you can just plug in a GZ34. I think you can go the other way, but you may want to check into it before you put in a GZ34 just to be sure.

Jack

Janglin_Jack said:
If the amp is wired for a 5U4, I don't think you can just plug in a GZ34. I think you can go the other way, but you may want to check into it before you put in a GZ34 just to be sure.

Jack

With the amps he has listed the substitution will work.

Latest posts

Back