Quad Mod Question...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenevil

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get the midi mod done to a Quad? I called Boogie and left a message about it, I missed the return call but the rep left a messaging saying that they no longer do that mod... also does anyone know where I can get a rackmount kit for the Quad as well?

Hi,
the midi mod is a rare mod. not really worth it as its not flexible in setting
the midi channels. there is no "midi store" button like on newer pre's.
Unless you get a quad with the mod I don't know of anyway to do it.

I recommend the RJM Amp Gizmo to switch functions via midi.
http://www.rjmmusic.com/ampgizmo.php

You can get the rackmount kit from boogie. I'm sure they still make them.

Thanks for the info maeshuggah! I saw a midi modded Quad on Ebay for $1000 but I think that is a bit much for an 88' Quad... Boogie is bad *** but 1k??

I looked into that MIDI equipped Quad as well. Once I found out how MIDI was implemented in it (from these fine boards), I was no longer interested in it even thought it would have been pretty easy to get it to work with my Behringer FCB1010 MIDI pedal.

Instead, I ended up buying a Quad w/PV MIDI Pro switching unit for $600 which seemed like a fair price.

Yeah it def. seems like more trouble then its worth. I am using a Triaxis now for my live rig and I dig the Triaxis but to me, it just doesn't have that heralded Boogie tone. It doesn't sound like a real Boogie head if you know what I mean. I do really like how the midi works though so eh I give up the midi use for the "real" sounding preamp, which is ok by me! Either that or use my trusty Mark IV... to bad I don't have a C+!

Hey thanks bro! That was tracked with the Triaxis, the tone actually came out sounding pretty decent... looking back though I should have used the Mark IV for the leads...

Back