Pup choice for Mark IV!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a big fan of the two Duncan 59s in my Hamer. I have EMGs in my Carvin but those 59s are just so sweet sounding.

Shep said:
dimarzio all the way!!

+1...
Tone Zone on myAmerican Deluxe Fender Stratocaster HSS , The Chopper and the Twang King on my Kotzen Telecasters, and Music Man specially made by Di-Marzio (EVH models) on my Axis Super Sport

Antoine said:
Tone Zone on myAmerican Deluxe Fender Stratocaster HSS , The Chopper and the Twang King on my Kotzen Telecasters, and Music Man specially made by Di-Marzio (EVH models) on my Axis Super Sport
I have The Chopper on the neck position. Boy that thing sounds awesome! With any amp!

~trem

I get great lead tones from my Dragon II's in my Custom 22. But, I don't really like the Cleans yet, and I hate the R2 tones that I get. I think I just haven't tweaked them enough yet.

On the other hand, my Strat Deluxe with Rio Grande Mid Bottom set sounds incredible. They are higher output Strat pups, but not as high as the Dragons.

I could see where you would have to lower the Gain on the Lead channel if using EMG's though. Otherwise, you would loose clarity quickly.

Ibanez, don't you have the Tremonti pickup in one of your guitars? If so, how do you like it through your Mark compared to your other pickups?

Antoine said:
Shep said:
dimarzio all the way!!

+1...

dimarzio-

Evo bridge
Evo Neck
Steve's special
Air norton
blue velvert
red velvert

i have some stock gibsons in my les paul and some fender 62 USA's in my strat.. but dimarzio are the best..

DiMarzio!

I have tried the following with a Mark IV

Bridge:
D-Sonic
Evolution
Steve's Special
Super Distortion

Neck:
Air Norton
Evolution
Super Distortion

and I liked them all. I like the D-Sonic/Air Norton the most for a nice lead tone.

I just put dragon II's in my viper and I love the tone I'm getting now. I like the Duncan distortion as well. I haven't tried anything else at this point.

Back