Pull Bright

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesieBooga

Reaction score
I'm 50/50 on loving the warm squishy tone I get from leaving the Pull Bright knob in; but also love the extra crunchy gain it has when pulled out on my IIC+.
What do you guys do with it?

MesieBooga said:
I'm 50/50 on loving the warm squishy tone I get from leaving the Pull Bright knob in; but also love the extra crunchy gain it has when pulled out on my IIC+.
What do you guys do with it?

Pull Bright Lead Master that is.... :)

I've got a IIb, I usually leave the brite on the lead master in, & the brite on the volume pulled. I'm shooting fo a Santana-y lead sound. The other guitarists I play with tend toward the bright-jangly tone, so I like to go for a more grunty tone.

D

I think I found a new tone I like! (added a little gain on lead drive w/ Lead Master in) :D
http://www.chain-metal.nl/mark3/?bg=2&d1=80&d2=65&p2=1&d3=20&d4=20&d5=20&p5=1&d6=90&p6=1&d7=30&p=25&g1=100&g2=55&g3=25&g4=65&g5=80&t=TD+IIC%2B+new+fave+8%2F9

You say:
I've got a IIb, I usually leave the brite on the lead master in, & the brite on the volume pulled. I'm shooting for a Santana-y lead sound.

I like the Santana sound and I also have a II-B, but with no EQ. Would you mind sharing your Santana lead sound?
Thank you and regards
Daniel

igfraso said:
You say:
I've got a IIb, I usually leave the brite on the lead master in, & the brite on the volume pulled. I'm shooting for a Santana-y lead sound.

I like the Santana sound and I also have a II-B, but with no EQ. Would you mind sharing your Santana lead sound?
Thank you and regards
Daniel

I have no graphic EQ too (apparently, Carlos uses his Mk 1 with the graphic EQ flat!) OK:

Vol 1 = 7-8, brite pulled out
Treble = 6-7, pushed in
Bass = 2-3
Mid = 3-5
Master = 1-2, gain pulled out
Lead drive = 7-8, pulled out
Lead master = 3-4 brite pushed in

I have to tweek it depending on the guitar. I will usually set the gains (volume & lead drive ) to the lower range (7 & 7) & boost the amp with an overdrive. I am using a Digitech Screaming Blues now. With the overdrive off, I can clean up the sound with the volume on my guitar. I will push in the gain switch on the master if I want a brighter sound for "cleans". I'm gonna wire that switch to a foot switch someday. :)

I forgot to mention that I usually roll the highs off with the guitar tone control, too.

I was playing last night, & tweaking the knobs on my Mk II without looking. By the time I finished the mids were at 10 and the bass was at 4. A lot of it depends on the room and my ears at the time. Also, most of the time I leave the presence at 0, unless the room is really dead.

I did wire the gain switch to a foot switch the other night. Very useful.

Wahoooo !!!!
Cool sounds , is that a mk2c+ head ??
I WANT ONE NOW!!!!

STUART said:
Wahoooo !!!!
Cool sounds , is that a mk2c+ head ??
I WANT ONE NOW!!!!

Thanks guys! yes, here are the settings:

http://www.chain-metal.nl/mark3/?bg=2&d1=80&d2=65&p2=1&d3=20&d4=20&d5=20&p5=1&d6=90&p6=1&d7=30&p=25&g1=100&g2=55&g3=25&g4=65&g5=80&t=TD+IIC%2B+new+fave+8%2F9

For my lead sound I run the knobs "pulled" and roll out any highs that i don't want with the tone control on the guitar. I have similar VOL 1 and tone settings, but I like the master vol. to run around 4-5 and the lead drive on 6-7. This does not channel switch too well, but it has a mean power section clip. Pay no attention to the extreme volume, your ears will adjust.

Thank you, Dirt123!
I will try this setting today. Thanks again. Daniel

I love the tone I get from the settings you posted! It definitely is best with my EVM 12L Thiele although it is still pretty nice with the combo or extension cab. I have dialed it in with both my IIC+ and III (blue stripe) and it is maybe a tad bit warmer with the IIC+. These Mesa's are causing my stomp boxes to get ignored!

Anyone else have any good settings they want to share?

Dirt123:
very good setting!! I like it better with slightly higher bass and mids, as you suggested.
Thanks again. Daniel

It didn't work live.
I haven't tried recording with it (other than a cheap video shoot :lol: )
I pulled it and dumped the Lead Gain to 8 last night-That's been my basic setting. Worked way better live Pulled last night... Although at home not pulled and a tad more gain= yum! I especially like it for lead lines.

JOEY B. said:
For my lead sound I run the knobs "pulled" and roll out any highs that i don't want with the tone control on the guitar. I have similar VOL 1 and tone settings, but I like the master vol. to run around 4-5 and the lead drive on 6-7. This does not channel switch too well, but it has a mean power section clip. Pay no attention to the extreme volume, your ears will adjust.

:lol:

Back