PRS USERS!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once you said that you're a college student my opinion totally changed. Get your education and buy what you need to get through without stressing about transportation, tuition or date money. You'll have tons of time to buy cool, expensive guitars shortly. Keep in mind that this is coming from an old guy with a kid in college now but that's why I'm so friggin wise! :lol:

If you're really going to buy another guitar anyway consider something totally tonally different for variety. I always owned humbucking style guitars, never a Strat. Finally got one last year and it is a great tool to have. After my first gig with the Strat my sound man commented on the great diversity in sound I had now. I had been bringing my PRS Custom 24 and Dean USA Hardtail to gigs. Now it's the PRS and Strat. If I were buying another or different single coil Strat type guitar I'd seriously look at the G&L S500. Better consistent build quality.

chriz_batman said:
but i need you guys opinion also because i am a college student and i could use the money instead of the ps, on a car? what do you think? thanks

if you need the car buy the car. with two MEs and a Custom i dont think you need the PS. A guitar like that should only be bought if you have the money to spend.

Rocky said:
Unless you have a huge trust fund buying a guitar like that while in college is stupid.

If you werent still in school I'd say use the money on real estate not guitars.

A PS guitar is a house down payment in many cases....let your money work for you. A rental property is a way to make a fairly passive income. Once you have that flowing get toys.

i agree.... especially in todays housing market people with the right position and money can set themselves up to make a fortune in the next 5 to 10 years. I work for one of the top 10 builders in the country and let me tell you that right now we're practically giving the houses away with all free option upgrades, selling for less than cost, and basically doing anything to get rid of inventory. and in the coming weeks we'll see interest rates dip down to 5.25 with the government takeover of fannie and freddie. it truely is a buyers market.

i still think a guitar like PS is a good investment IF your set on buying a guitar and not investing in the market or real estate. Hell it would make more sense for me to sell everything i have right now... go back to a vetta and my ESP and have 8000 more to throw into a down payment for my house... but i dont see that happening :twisted:

BTW, Rocky where do you live that a PS (say $10k) is equivilant to a down payment on a house? i'm in the process of saving 60k for a down payment and thats for a low end starter home.

most PRS play nicely with Mesa/Boogies

I don't think it's an accident that a lot of PRS endorsers also play them :)

I orig demo'd a LSS with a PRS SE Custom of all things and it they really worked well together. The pickups in that guitar actually sounded surprisingly good.

I have a few PRS: McTrems of different flavors and a CE22. They all sound nice thru my LSS and also did well with my old MKIII rig.

Latest posts

Back