"PRS HFS treble pu + Rectifier = ______ tone"

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groovebelly

Reaction score
What is your experience with the PRS HFS bridge pickup with Rectifiers?
I'm considering picking up an older CU24 with an HFS in the bridge and I'm wondering what the experience or impression of that pickup is with a Rectifier style amp.

I'm currently using a JB in the bridge and the thick mids sound great with my ROV and ACE... looking to change things up a bit.

I actually thought you had the answer and checked it out and well, I see no replies. Sorry not at all familiar with PRS.

At least you gave me an idea what I can do with a few of my guitars and some pickups I have in storage. I could not use them with my Mark V as it was too brittle but may work well with Roadster.

It's an excellent sound. I had some seymour duncans in my previous guitar, and the HFS is a big improvement. Not tight like an active pickup, but it still cuts nicely. A good example would be the Incubus SCIENCE album. That's an old rectifier with an HFS. It really brings out the best in the Rectifier.

Latest posts

Back