PRS custom 24 owners, and the Mark V?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott7d

Reaction score
Any Custom 24 owners want to share their settings for channel 3?

Here is what I like to use:
Mark IV mode
Gain: 2:00-3:00
Master: 9:00 or according to venue
Presence: 9:00-11:00
Treble: 12:00-1:00
Mid: 10:00
Bass: 9:00

Bright on
Eq on, standard V curve. 80Hz almost maxed, 240 level, 750 maximum scoop, 2200 level, 6000 slight boost.

Even though I am scooping mids, it really doesn't sound like it. Maybe the guitar and/or amp is just midrange oriented, but these settings sound balanced. And with the treble and presence in the low-mid ranges, I still find it bright, but not over the top.

I need to give the C+ and Extreme modes a chance, I just fell in love with the IV mode off the bat. Would also like to give the preset controls some more play time.

I used these settings almost exactly at an outdoor gig yesterday with my PRS Navarro (which is essentially a CU24) on Extreme mode through a Stiletto 4x12 straight cab and the tone absolutely ruled. The only difference is that I used the preset knob at straight up at 12 o'clock. However, I would have used the 5-band and dialed out some more highs if I had the time, but the schedule was tight. Next time.

Mark Fore said:
I used these settings almost exactly at an outdoor gig yesterday with my PRS Navarro (which is essentially a CU24) on Extreme mode through a Stiletto 4x12 straight cab and the tone absolutely ruled. The only difference is that I used the preset knob at straight up at 12 o'clock. However, I would have used the 5-band and dialed out some more highs if I had the time, but the schedule was tight. Next time.

I'll try Extreme with the preset control tonight at practice. Thanks for sharing!

I have a Custom 24 10 top 20th. I prefer the humbucker sound on the Mark V crunch and lead channels. Mostly run the eq in a V pattern. As you turn gain up than turn down high, mid, and lows (channel eq). I have found putting another EQ in the loop really helps with bring up the bottom end without flub. For me, I have found it difficult to use a lot of gain while the bass is cranked. My solution is to use moderate EQ adjustments and than put the EQ pedal in the loop and use the pedal to crank the bass. I should add that my speaker setup is stock combo with a Bogner Cube (V30) for easy travel. When I use a 4 x 12" half stack the lack of bottom is not an issue and the EQ pedal in the loop is not necessary.

Latest posts

Back