Protective Cage for Power Tubes?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richardph

Reaction score
I recently saw a photo of an ED combo for sale that had what appeared
to be a protective metal cage, or grill around the power tube section.
My ED112 came with no such accessory so I was wondering if it used to
come with one, if it was a custom modification, or if it is a stock part,
whether or not it can be ordered. Doesn't seem like such a bad
idea.

Thanks,

Rich

That's weird. My Express came with one. I got mine right around Christmas, but it was being built much before that.

It's a thing Mesa, and all amp makers, had to start doing for export versions.
They'll probably just put them on all amps now.
It's for your own good. :roll:

Thanks for the info. I may see about getting one. I'm very carefully when I tuck the power cord
back there, and I don't store the footswitch in the amp. But moving from studio to gig, with rushed
set-ups and tear downs...you never can be too cautious:)

Its probably a European legislation thing. In the UK there are lots of safety legislation and all consumer stuff has to have a CE marking to show it has passed the regs applicable to the class the item comes under. I work in electronics, and several times have seen manufacturing equipment come over from the US on inter company transfer, and almost always it has to be completely rebuilt to comply with EU regulations. I took the cage off my LSS; it just gets in the way.

I just received delivery of an ED, and it was there. Very easy to remove, so no big deal- I'll keep it on so that I don't lose it.

Latest posts

Back