Problem with fx loop switching on my moded DR

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dual rec

Reaction score
When i try to use my fx loop on my big foot it isnt working. I run a digidelay and when I stomp on the loop button nothing happens. When i put the fx loop knob on any given channel and not the ftswtch it works just fine. When i put the knob on ftswtch it doesnt work correctly. I t is very confusing to me. If anyone else has had this problem or could give me a suggestion i would appreciate it.

Both the pre amp and the power amp have been stripped of the original circuit boards. Most of the boards have been replaced by hand-wiring. Not like a voodoo mod where it sounds completely different, the mod is intended to make the clarity of the amp much better but keep the mesa tone and add to it, not change it.

I imagine a quiet lead dress on that hand-wired DR circuit would be a nightmare to accomplish; one of the biggest advantages M/B's printed circuit board has over P-T-P wiring is that componets can be laid out in a logical fashion, reducing noise caused by inductive capacitance and those pesky parasitic oscillations often found in high gain topologies. Among other reasons, this is due to a reduction in the number of leads requires to connect the individual components.

If you have a point-to-point wired DR, then my hat goes off to the man that accomplished this astounding feat! Most people forget that their M/Bs come hand-wired form the factory. :D

~F

Latest posts

Back