probably a dumb question about 2C+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMcC

Reaction score
I have one,. does anyone know if it is wired in Triode as opposed to pentode
Just wondering because the MK 4 manual suggests this to hone in on the tone of the "holy grail"

Best-

PMcC

Only in the Simulclass model C+ , the outer pair (or inner pair on Simul Coliseum) of tubes are wired in triode. The inner pair are Class AB pentode. The 60 and 60/100 watt models are Class AB pentode. The 180 watt C+ Coliseum has a full/half power switch that switches between pentode(full) or triode(half) power. 8)

you can wirer the outer simlu class tubes in pentode for extra bass and head room. this is the same as a stock green stripe mk III.

the simul-satellite is the same as well. its basically a stripped down MKIII Greenstripe. But it also has tweed and I don;t think the MKIII does...

dmt said:
the simul-satellite is the same as well. its basically a stripped down MKIII Greenstripe. But it also has tweed and I don;t think the MKIII does...
Speaking of the tweed mode, does anyone know if it is possible to modify a Mark III, to add the tweed option?

Latest posts

Back