Price Increase on July 1????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RR said:
jamme61 said:
they should come out with a line :D made in China, so I can afford to buy one. :D :shock: :x :evil: :(
10_2_5.gif

+1 (on the barf that is)

jamme61 said:
they should come out with a line :D made in China, so I can afford to buy one. :D :shock: :x :evil: :(

Hey jamme61
Have not seen your name on this board for a while, since you sold your Mark IV. What’s your amp of choice these days?
I also took your advice on leaving the bias alone on my Mark IV

RR said:
jamme61 said:
10_2_5.gif
I mentioned it in PRS post that Randall Smith (not related) would not sell out just to get rich (if he's not rich already) build an import models like Paul Reed Smith.

I do admire companies Tom Anderson, even Carvin, and Peavey the temptation to have production overseas but they refuse. That happened to PRS, BC Rich and I heard almost Matchless was going to be built overseas.

Mike is right

amp price increases are due mostly to increases in materials cost, particularly copper, steel, iron (transformer core), wood, leather

a lot of the metals are imported from certain countries that do not evaluate the dollar very well (in other words, the price goes up)

RR: Most guitar companies would love to have you buy your first guitar from them and then move up to their better guitars as you can afford to. To compete in the $500 market with a competitive product, it needs to be made out of the USA. Therefore you have the EPI, MIM Strat, and the PRS SE. All of them make good guitars, but I would buy a PRS SE in the $500 range. The step up with PRS is over $2,000, whereas Fender and Gibson make some very nice guitars between $1,000 & $2,000. PRS is trying to build a loyal customer base with the SE in hopes that the SE owner will move up when they can.

Mesa doesn't go after the first tube amp buyer or try to compete with the Hot Rod Deluxe, for example. I'm not sure they could without building the amp outside the USA. Where they begin though, they are very strong. I just bought an Express 5:50, and there is no comparison between the 5:50 and a Twin or Fender's latest, the Supersonic.

Selling out has nothing to do with it and there is nothing wrong with getting rich. Being competitive, and having the best product in a specific market is what makes them successful.

Koreldyre said:
Mike is right

amp price increases are due mostly to increases in materials cost, particularly copper, steel, iron (transformer core), wood, leather

a lot of the metals are imported from certain countries that do not evaluate the dollar very well (in other words, the price goes up)

How do the overseas goods get here ? Fuel prices effect everyone .

RR said:
RR said:
jamme61 said:
10_2_5.gif
I mentioned it in PRS post that Randall Smith (not related) would not sell out just to get rich (if he's not rich already) build an import models like Paul Reed Smith.

I do admire companies Tom Anderson, even Carvin, and Peavey the temptation to have production overseas but they refuse. That happened to PRS, BC Rich and I heard almost Matchless was going to be built overseas.

Peavey builds TONS of its stuff overseas.

Rocky said:
Not that I doubt you nor do I have any Peavey gear, I have cousin in the Far East as well as another board member I correspond to and they said that some of Peavey as well as Gibson, and others (not Epiphone) are counterfeits.

I'm not trying to defend Peavey, and maybe some of their electronic is outsource to the Far East but I sure would like to see proof "Made In China" label on the outside of their product.

truthfully a lot of accessories are made over seas in the same factory and then companies place their labels on them, such as drumsticks, guitar stands, and others. our store got a package of shrink-wrapped zildjian sticks and their was a vic firth stick in their as well.

a LOT of peavey is from china.

as far as mesa goes, i hope and think that they will never go over seas....

richey said:
What about the accessories? i.e., tubes, casters, dust covers, etc. Mainly tubes.

tubes are made overseas . Making tubes is not exactly envoirmently friendly you might say . Lots are made in China and I think its pretty well known that China has a very poor record on protecting mother earth .

RR said:
Rocky said:
Not that I doubt you nor do I have any Peavey gear, I have cousin in the Far East as well as another board member I correspond to and they said that some of Peavey as well as Gibson, and others (not Epiphone) are counterfeits.

I'm not trying to defend Peavey, and maybe some of their electronic is outsource to the Far East but I sure would like to see proof "Made In China" label on the outside of their product.

Valve King and Windsor amps eveh say that they are made in CHina. Go visit your local Peavey dealer and see for yourself. Peavey also had a lot of overseas guitars now.

Rocky said:
RR said:
Rocky said:

Valve King and Windsor amps eveh say that they are made in CHina. Go visit your local Peavey dealer and see for yourself. Peavey also had a lot of overseas guitars now.
You are probably right so I'll take your word, as much as I am a Satriani fan, I"m not much a Peavey fan. Never bought any of their gear. :wink:

Back