presets VS instant access

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpaul

Reaction score
I am putting together a new rack and pedalboard. The pedals are mounted in the rack and the pedalboard is only for controllers (midi, volume, wah, expression). I am using the Voodoolab Ground Control Pro as my midi controller. In the past I have always used presets for my “sound change method” but instead I am seriously considering using the “ 4 presets w/instant access feature” on the Ground Control.
If I use the “instant access feature” it will be a complete paradigm change from what I’m use to………

~Lets hear pros/cons/comments from you guys that use this feature on the Ground Control or CAE.

~for those of you that have opted to use only presets, give us the same :pros/cons/comments.

I would go for the presets. If you're going to be going on the fly and playing live, why would you want to click 3 buttons? If you click one button that changes the channel and puts the effects on it, doesn't that just make sense?

The pro for that is that it's very convenient. Big pros use them because it makes playing with the gear simple. You don't have to have to click a thousand buttons in front of you just to get one sound. Also, you can add more effects to a channel with the left over buttons on your Pro Ground Control.

However, I would say a con for it is the time and equipment it takes to put it together. Not only will you want to get a Pro Ground Control with a GCX, but you'll want to get a effects processor and maybe some additional pedals. Plus a power conditioner and the rack itself. But, it's all worth it.

I hope this helps to make up your mind.

Great question!

I don’t have a Ground Control as far an s midi controller, have a Rocktron All Access. I’m sure they are similar in operation.

I like everything preprogrammed makes things more simplified. But I do have what you might call a generic bank programmed with 5 program buttons and use the other 10 for instant access.

the gsystem i work with has the ability to give me what i need out of both worlds but for the most part i just use instant acces. if i were playing live i would use presets for the most part.

Latest posts

Back