• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

pre500 DR chrome chassis/black diamond R0094 on ebay !

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OT is an Output Transformer. It is the device directly between the Power Tubes and your Speakers. It takes an amplified signal and makes it huge.

A good Mercury Magnetics ( I would use the same one that Soldano uses in their Hot Rod 100 amps ) would run you between $100-$200, plus an hour or 2 of labor charges to install it.

Personally, I think it needs a cap job and new tubes and that would be it.

There should be no reason that the output transformer is blown, unless there is something that is not being said by the owner. This is the whole reason that there are fuses in amps.

The caps would definitely be dried up, or close to it and need to be replaced. This should be under $100. I don't have a set fee for this, it is strictly "Time & Materials." Usually runs about $80 for a Mesa type amp though. This would be for all Power Supply caps as well as the Bias Supply caps, and possibly the Cathode Bypass caps too.

Due to the fact that it is not working properly, I only bid $750. That is as much as I want to put into it.

I don't really need it, and won't bid higher, if somebody else here wants it. Since we opened the music store, I seem to have more amps than I can shake a stick at. :D Every man should have such a harem! :D

The seller stated that when the fuse blew there was some smoke and a burning smell. What do you guys think diagnostically given this new information? Are we still talking about a tube change and a cap job? Or is smoke and burning indicative of far more serious problems?

Johnson said:
The seller stated that when the fuse blew there was some smoke and a burning smell. What do you guys think diagnostically given this new information? Are we still talking about a tube change and a cap job? Or is smoke and burning indicative of far more serious problems?

Blowing a fuse is one thing.....smoke is another. It's going to need some sort of repair, even if it's just some screen resistors, and i would highly encourage anyone that can't repair a tubeamp to STAY AWAY. I am not even going to jump on this one (and I LOVE fixing stuff). I hope whoever gets the amp doesn't come on here saying this is their first tube amp and they need help fixing it without having any electronic experience.

Good luck to the winner.

Greg

I think that it should be easy, but then again, I bought a Legacy head for a project and there were huge holes in the circuit boards where some jerk weasel (trying to use inventive expletive deleteds for my kid's sake) tried to modify the Power Amp section and completely burned out the 6.3 vac traces on both boards.

If I had the money, I would bid higher. It sounds like a great project.

I just rebuilt a mid 80's Japanese Strat today. Wish I didn't have to go home and fill in our new septic with a backhoe, cuz this is a nice guitar.

I love that feeling when you bring a really nice piece of gear back to life.

Last week it was a '66 Fender Pro Reverb that absolutely sings. :D :D :D :D

If there was smoke and a burning smell when the fuse blew chances are that a bad tube took out a grid resistor. That could be an easy fix if it didn't do too much damage beyond just the resistor. If it took out the resistor it may have damaged a tranny before the resistor went though. It is a gamble buying that one for anywhere close to the price of a healthy one.

I emailed him about checking under the hood. He's actually a drummer and had NO idea :shock: what a PCB was, go figure. I explained to him in detail what to look for as far as obvious damage signs.
He's supposed to get back with me.
I'll let you guys know.

Yeah man, looks like he's gonna get more than I got for my working DR.

:shock: Amazing, you would pay that much for an amp that's broke and won't fire up.

Yeah, I know it probably won't take much to get her up and running but, geez... dsoes it really sound that good.

My newly acquired early (1-93) DR chrome/black dp sounds great, better than my '97 for sure but paying that much for one that will have to go to the shop???

loco.....

Im surprised the bidding got that high. It was just way too much of a risk for me. But I'm hoping someone on here gets it, so we can see what was wrong with it.

ThunderMonkey said:
This thing sold for $2550.00

:shock: :shock: :shock:

To a noob (0) who sniped it from longtime high bidder5........

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hope it's not anyone here. :(

That's just crazy fellas !

I BET WE SEE THAT THING ON EBAY IN 2 WEEKS....

IT'S CALLED SHILL BIDDING OR FAKE BIDDING.

THAT NOOB EBAYER WILL NEVER PAY CAUSE IT'S PROLLY A FAKE ACCOUNT!!

IF NOT...THE SELLER IS A HAPPY MAN :lol:

Can't believe it went for that much. I've got a question for the recto-heads on the board:

How much is that thing worth in working condition?!?

what's the point?
I'm not that naive when it comes to the multitude of scammers out there but why make what should be a cool theatre for buying and selling and trash it? It sucks, sometimes people just SUCK ! :x

Wouldn't he offer second chance to a REAL bidder, who actually might want it?

Hopefully it went to the deserved !

we'll see.... :wink:

2550!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY #$%#!!!!!!!!!!!

MAN! that totally blows anything I've ever seen out of the water! I could BANK on mine so bad!

Elpelotero said:
2550!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY #$%#!!!!!!!!!!!

MAN! that totally blows anything I've ever seen out of the water! I could BANK on mine so bad!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah man...especially that #29...woooohooo !

That is just CRAZY as hell but maybe it's going that way...people are finally starting to hear about the Holy Grail early DR's

An' they IS fiiiinnnne :!: :wink:

That went way up!!!

I bid for it but didn't go so high.
It went way higher then what I expected. But it seems like it was said here that the winning bid may be fake. Although I also have (0) feedback and I was really going to buy the amp.
For what I've seen the wining bidder had an automatic bid that kept increasing and increasing, maybe until 10000$ :roll:

If someone has a Pre500 to sell I'm interested in buying it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

People are stupid!
Ebay is full of scammers!
"Living increases knowledge!"
"Most Artists aren't!"
"When you die, you're dead......"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If it was a real bid, the guy could have gotten 2 working ones for that price. Personally, I would have bought the Recto and a Soldano.

I bet it was a shill bid and the guy will offer it to the 2nd highest bidder for $2,400 or some scam like that.

Back