Post your Rig!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1.) What do you think of your Mark IV? What styles do you use it for?

Answer: I use it mostly for Blues and Classic Rock and I love it!

2.) Which Dunlop wah do you have exactly, what do you think of it

Answer: I have the Crybaby and it is just OK - I am looking at putting a special kit inside it for $99 from: http://www.area51tubeaudiodesigns.com/index.htm

Here's a couple updated pix

Guitarroom%20ss002.jpg

Guitarroom%20ss024.jpg

Guitarrooms%20032.jpg

Guitarroom%20s016.jpg

Shawn Lutz, what do you think of your DC-5? what do you use it for and stuff? I am thinking of getting one.

And LavaMan, do you think that the Mark IV can do nu-metal? I've read up heaps of reviews that claim that the Mark IV can do everything you could possibly dream of (I want versitility), but not many have said that it can do dual or triple recto type sounds...

Just mainly looking at these two amps really.

I am jealous Shawn, you've got some really nice gear. I don't have any pictures yet but heres my list

Mesa Boogie 2:90
Mesa Boogie triaxis
Soldano 2 x 12 cab
PRS CE24
Hamer Archtop Sunburst
Kramer Striker
Misc. stuff like a rack tuner, power conditioner, sonic maximizer, wireless

Atomic.Sheep said:
Shawn Lutz, what do you think of your DC-5? what do you use it for and stuff? I am thinking of getting one.

And LavaMan, do you think that the Mark IV can do nu-metal? I've read up heaps of reviews that claim that the Mark IV can do everything you could possibly dream of (I want versitility), but not many have said that it can do dual or triple recto type sounds...

Just mainly looking at these two amps really.

I love the DC-5, its very versatile. I use it for cleans as well as adding color to recordings by layering different amp voicings. By itself, the DC-5 can cover a lot of ground and has a pretty nice reverb too. What I liked about the DC-5 that the newer models didn't have was the EQ option, you really can tweak in your tone with it, I leave it on all the time on the distortion channel and even sometimes on the clean channel. The F-Series amps in my opinion are nice but I really like the DC-5 better regardless if its discontinued or not. I paid I think $550 for it on eBay, best tone for thebuck out there if you ask me.

Never tried a recto cab so I don't know I got the 2nd marshall for a nice price because it has a major tear on the back of the cab.

I was planning on getting a Mesa cab but the price would have been over double and the wife put the kibosh on that idea real quick !!!

I like the sound of the Marshall cabs though allways have and the bottom really fills out the sound being bigger and not slanted it has a more muffled sound and with the top on it it's as if it is finally the way it was meant to be.

**** near cried when I first plugged it in the other night because it is so much more full sounding I am able to play at night and it still sounds good too.

mrdylan said:

Dude, That is dead on my rig. I have my cabs loaded with two V30's and two Greenbacks each. I got my cabs for about $400 each and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

mrdylan said:
stack.jpg
:twisted:

awsome rig!

I run my recto with a 300w (newer) 1960 cab, and IMO for modern metal it beats any of the recto cabs. The low end response is so much tighter, quicker and focused which is just what the recto needed. What does sound absolutely beautiful is a 1960 cab (with the gt75s) and a mesa trad cab at the same time.

Here is my rig

Guitars:
ESP KH2
P1020175.jpg

P1020174.jpg

Gibson Les Paul Std 2002 PLUS
P1020172.jpg

Jackson DK2
P1020268.jpg

NeckThru RandyRhoads Custom
P1020362.jpg

Amp:
ADA MP-1 Midi Pre Amp
Mesa Series 2 Single recto
P1020416.jpg

5150 cab

FX:
J.T Value Boy :evil: :twisted:
Rocktron HUSH
H2O
Crybaby

[/img]

Another Metallica fan (dongh1217), glad to hear it 8) . In term of guitars and stuff, drool - very nice.
And PRSKILLER, I see you've finally plugged that beauty in, I bet she sounds awsome :D .

dongh1217, how do you like that mp-1, do you run it through the effect loop?

Thanks Atomic.Sheep, I'm a big fan of old metallica! also any 80's metal band.

Cotlod, I paid just $90 for a old mp-1, no foot switches, But, once I replaced the tube to EH 12ax7EH, it sounds wonderful, to me, it's best thing I found so far, super easy to use, and very nice for 80's stuff, I mean any 80's Metal sound. very cool!

I run it through my SOLO50's loop return jack, set the loop level at 90% full. sounds killer to me. (the poweramp tube are Sovtek EL34WXT)

I mean JJ's ecc83s and EH's 12ax7eh are both great to work with MP-1, noize is a serious issue, but I can control it with some patient. ( No sovtek preamp in MP-1 cos tooooo noizy)

overall, MP-1 is a killer preamp, and it use valve, I don't need to save any more for a Triaxis because I'm 100% happy with it for my home use.

Hope this helps! \m/

this is my rig minus the pedalboard

2001 PRS CE 24 STOCK
INTO
BOSS TUNER
DYNA COMP COMPRESSOR
BARBER OVERDRIVE
TS-9 TURBO
BLUES DRIVER
MARSHALL 80'S GOV'NOR DISTORTION
BOSS DD-3
BOSS CE-4
HEARTBREKER HEAD WITH EL 34'S INTO TUNED 3/4 SINGLE RECTO CAB WITH 12 INCH 90 WATT BLACKSHADOW
THIS RIG BLOEWS AWAY MOST 412 CABS YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED HOWMUCH AIR THIS CAB PUSHES[/img]http://www.msnusers.com/[email protected]/Documents/Pictures/P1010002.jpeg

hello all, im new and a relativly new mesa owner a few months ago i got this baby, i used to be a marshall man but ever since i got this theres no looking back.

7e372465.jpg

and also i would like to commend every one on this forum everyone seems to be so helpful, its nothing like the esp forum where you ge bashed for asking a simple qeustion.

MesallicA. How do you like the Marshall cab with the Mesa head? I`ve always admired them two like that but never heard them together. I assume your cab does not have an 8 ohm input, are you in the 4 ohm or 16 ohm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back