Post your Rig!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio-Metalic Black With Platinum Hardware Limited
Edition

Schecter Omen 6 Walnut Satin With EMG 81/85 Set

Epiphone SG G400 Black

Rocktron Gainiac
Mesa Boogie 20/20 Chrome Edition

Orange 2x12 Cab

Morley Mark Tremonti Power Wah (Not A Fan Of Tremonti Just His Wah)

Boss NS2

Boss TU2

J*Dizzle said:
Orange 2x12 Cab

What speakers come stock in that cab? Cause I've been looking at buying an Orange cab, they look awesome!
And how do you find the quality/sound of the cab?

Cool new board here and some killer looking rigs. I 'll throw my hat in. Here's mine...

LiveRig.jpg

My gear list is short and sweet. I own a whopping two guitars, two amps, and one stomp box. :shock: So, here's the list:

-Vintage Style Strat w/Van Zant pick-ups

-Vintage Style Strat w/lefty neck & Duncan Antiquity pick-ups

-MESA Blue Angel 4X10 combo (loaded w/stock Eminence speakers)

-1973 Fender Super Reverb 45 watts RMS (rebuilt, 'blackface modded' etc.)

-FULLTONE FULLDRIVE2 overdrive

I use Horizon Vintage II guitar cables because they're sturdy, they roll off an acceptable amount of treble, and they're affordable.

Here's a link to the MESA Blue Angel page. My amp looks just like the big one in the back except it has a blue pilot light lens.

BLUE ANGEL

Mesa RoadKing Head Custom Finish
2x12 Recto Cab
4x12 Recto Cab

Gibson LesPaul Studio Custom Abalone Honu Pickguard
Schecter C-E/A 1 Black w/piezo

DD-5
Chorus

invernesstd2604%20004.jpg

Jerry,

What color is your Recto? from the picture it looks maroon.

Ned

Grandor said:
Shawn Lutz, those are some great amps there mate. I bet you have heaps of fun with them!

- Jong, thats awesome "Me Boogie" I like it! :D

Thanks Grandor. Yeah, its a blast having them around :) I run thru a VooDoo Labs amp selctor where I cnahave all 4 on at once or any combination of the 4. It fun having a huge wall of blended sound. Its also cool just going back and forthbetween the 4.

martel-PMRig.jpg

martel-PMMesa.jpg

F50
Boss DD6, and chorus
Ibanez RG170
POD 2

the rg is in for work this week, im having a tone zone and evo fitted with a push pull pot, so I am VERY excited to see what sort of tones this baby will produce!!

Im interested in speaking to any other F50 owners around, havnt seen any yet on here. I love the mkIV tho, but Ive never seen one in the flesh no matter where I go!

Nice to see some familiar faces around here.

Here we go.

Fender American Strat (EMG's, Floyd)
http://community.webshots.com/photo/106998175/114573596dmKtrc
Epiphone LP Studio (Dim. Evolution, Planet Waves tuners)
http://community.webshots.com/photo/106998175/106998971Lcbzbf

Boss TU-2
Ibanez AD-9
http://community.webshots.com/photo/106998175/223336758HxbAKO

Mesa Mark IIC Combo (100/60 watts, geq, reverb, unoriginal speaker)
http://community.webshots.com/photo/106998175/176758602zGFkXt
http://community.webshots.com/photo/176758551/176758551lgArCJ
[/url]

cvansickle said:
Don't mind if I do. Here's the amp:
Peds0704-08.jpg

Here's the rack:
Rack04-102.jpg

Here's the backline:
PedsNov07.jpg

These peds hit the front end:
PedsNov01.jpg

Very cool stuff!!

Are you usign two 57 to mic your speaker?

Brian Chan said:
Very cool stuff!!

Yeah, but both are really unnecessary. I used to have another amp, and I would put one SM57 on each. After I sold the other amp, I just attached the second mic to the Nomad. I may put the second on another speaker in the 412 instead. When I record, I use an SM57 for close micing, and a Sampson C03, positioned 5-10' away, for distance micing. I have another SM57 that I use with the Banshee talkbox, which feeds one channel of the EQ and then hits the Kustom PA.

cvansickle said:
Brian Chan said:
Very cool stuff!!

Yeah, but both are really unnecessary. I used to have another amp, and I would put one SM57 on each. After I sold the other amp, I just attached the second mic to the Nomad. I may put the second on another speaker in the 412 instead. When I record, I use an SM57 for close micing, and a Sampson C03, positioned 5-10' away, for distance micing. I have another SM57 that I use with the Banshee talkbox, which feeds one channel of the EQ and then hits the Kustom PA.

Cool.

Do you have any sound clips? Becuz i am goin to do some demo with my band. So i would like to get some advice on miking speaker :wink:

Here is my new rig, simple but does everything I need.

boogie3.jpg

Amp and Effects
Boogie Road King Head
Boogie Road King 2x12
Boogie Recto 2x12
Keeley Compressor
Keeley Boss DS-1
Keeley Boss BD-2
Teese RMC3LE Wah
Peterson StroboStomp
MXR EVH Phase 90
TC Electronic Stereo Chrous Flanger (hooked up mono of coruse)
Boss DD-6
Boss RV-5
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2
I am still working on my pedal board, I hope to have all of this mounted soon! I have been trying alot of pedals to find what I like.

Guitars
Green Wolfgang Deluxe with Trem
Blue Wolfgang Deluxe Stoptail Custom Shop with Rosewood fingerboard
Red Wolfgang Special with DiMarizo's and Push/Pull Volume Pot. for splitcoil
Purple Wolfgang Special with DiMarzio's and Push/Pull Volume Pot. for splitcoil
Taylor 914

I also have pictures of my old Rack if anyone wants to see them.

joe

joebarr00 said:

Thats exactly how a rig should be, I like your style.

joebarr00 said:
Amp and Effects
Boogie Road King Head
Boogie Road King 2x12
Boogie Recto 2x12.....
Which do you like the sound of better the Recto or Road king 2x12?
thx

joebarr00 said:
Guitars
Taylor 914

EXCELLENT choice of guitars mate, Looks like you love the wolf as much as alot of guys I've talked to recently.
DiMarzio's make me cringe, however -to each his own - im sure it sounds awesome. (I'm a bit of an SD devotee).

Rock on,
Grandor

Grandor said:
J*Dizzle said:
Orange 2x12 Cab

What speakers come stock in that cab? Cause I've been looking at buying an Orange cab, they look awesome!
And how do you find the quality/sound of the cab?

It came with Vintage 30s but you can order it with eminence speakers. (for a little less I think) I love the sound, it has TONS of bass to it. It has 16 ply birch in it so its beefy.

Bah, what the hell. Here's my rig right now It's a work in progress, yet 100% functional:

rig01.jpg

rig02.jpg

rig03.jpg

Grandor said:
joebarr00 said:

Thats exactly how a rig should be, I like your style.

Thank you, like I have said before, this is very simple compared to the Rack I had. Spent more time turning knobs than playing the guitar. It did look cool though.

Grandor said:
joebarr00 said:
Amp and Effects
Boogie Road King Head
Boogie Road King 2x12
Boogie Recto 2x12.....
Which do you like the sound of better the Recto or Road king 2x12?
thx

I really like the Road King Cab. I like the open back side for when I am doing the twin reverb type of thing. The Road King does that well with the open back. And the Closed back is pure recto. I got the Recto 2x12 for the gigs. I just run the 3 closed 12's at gigs just for more volume and to put a speaker fireing at head level (I still can't hear myself over the Drums!) but, the 2x12 is really cool. The Road King cab was made to really get all of the benifits of the RK Head, Even though I don't use the open back side much, It really comes in handy when I want a Twin Reverb type of tone. It's cool

Grandor said:
joebarr00 said:
Guitars
Taylor 914

EXCELLENT choice of guitars mate, Looks like you love the wolf as much as alot of guys I've talked to recently.
DiMarzio's make me cringe, however -to each his own - im sure it sounds awesome. (I'm a bit of an SD devotee).

Rock on,
Grandor

I hate that I love that guitar so much, I don't really like how PV does bussiness and I feel like Mr Van Halen is very money driven (thats another story), but I must admit they built the perfect guitar for me. I have played many guitars over the years and the Wolfgang just fits me perfect. I will one day find a Custom Shop that will build me what I want, (someone like Wayne Charvel) until then I will play the wolfgangs. As far as the pick ups go. The DiMarzios I use really sound good in the Wolfgang Specials. To my ears they sound more like a Wolfgang Deluxe with the Wolfgang pickups, I don't know if it is that the Deluxe has more wood in them or what but, I really like the Wolfgang pick ups in the Deluxe. The Wolfgang pick ups in the special however sound a little to muddy to my ears especially the neck pick up. Some day I will try some Seymour Duncans I just don't know where to start with them yet with a basswood body with maple top. I love gear, and I am always changing things trying to acheive the tone that I hear in my head but, I am getting there. finally....

joe

joebarr00 said:
The DiMarzios I use really sound good in the Wolfgang Specials. To my ears they sound more like a Wolfgang Deluxe with the Wolfgang pickups, I don't know if it is that the Deluxe has more wood in them or what but, I really like the Wolfgang pick ups in the Deluxe. The Wolfgang pick ups in the special however sound a little to muddy to my ears especially the neck pick up. Some day I will try some Seymour Duncans I just don't know where to start with them yet with a basswood body with maple top. I love gear, and I am always changing things trying to acheive the tone that I hear in my head but, I am getting there. finally....

joe

Which dimarzios are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back