Post your Rig!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grandor said:
joebarr00 said:
The DiMarzios I use really sound good in the Wolfgang Specials. To my ears they sound more like a Wolfgang Deluxe with the Wolfgang pickups, I don't know if it is that the Deluxe has more wood in them or what but, I really like the Wolfgang pick ups in the Deluxe. The Wolfgang pick ups in the special however sound a little to muddy to my ears especially the neck pick up. Some day I will try some Seymour Duncans I just don't know where to start with them yet with a basswood body with maple top. I love gear, and I am always changing things trying to acheive the tone that I hear in my head but, I am getting there. finally....

joe

Which dimarzios are you using?

air norton and tone zone, they are what the EBMM EVH pickups where modeled after....

joe

Grandor said:
puppetzmaster said:
Theyre also meant to be the closest match to Petrucci's custom pickups :)

Yeah and Petrucci uses basswood guitars too doesnt he?

yes, John uses Basswood guitars but I thought the pickups were modeled after the Air Norton and the Steves Special.

joe

Triple-rec (3 channel)
2 Recto standard 4x12's V30's all around
(Front end) Morley wah, MXR 10-band, ISP Decimator
(FX loop) Boss DD-6 and RV-5
'67 reissue Gibson Flying V
'81 O'Hagan Flying V
'03 Jackson SL-1

Today's tip: To get a good "bedroom level" from your Recto, turn it all the way up and record it from your neighbor's bedroom!

Very simple.. But it does the job for me.. which is pretty much 100% distortion..

PRS Tremonti SE w/ USA Tremonti Bass and Treble pickups..

Mesa Dual Rec. w/ Groove Tubes 6L6s', 4-Rating

joebarr00 said:
Grandor said:
puppetzmaster said:
Theyre also meant to be the closest match to Petrucci's custom pickups :)

Yeah and Petrucci uses basswood guitars too doesnt he?

yes, John uses Basswood guitars but I thought the pickups were modeled after the Air Norton and the Steves Special.

joe

That's right, AN and Steve's.

Here's my pedalboard too.

pedalboard.JPG

It's one of those lights you can attach to rack gear or DJ equipment. I got it at Guitar Center. Works great when it's dark and you want to see what you've got dialed in.

CudBucket said:
It's one of those lights you can attach to rack gear or DJ equipment. I got it at Guitar Center. Works great when it's dark and you want to see what you've got dialed in.

Yeah, that's a good idea.

I'd do it if I used more than a FS, Delay, and Tuner.

Chris- what is the Vox 1U rack? autowah?

Cud - what amp are you using? how does the Full Drive sound?

Ned

Guitars: Left handed

Schecter C-7 (Ab,Eb,Ab,Db,Gb,Bb,Eb)
Schecter Scorpion (Ab,Eb,Ab,Db,Gb,Bb)

Jackson DK-2 (Standard 1/2 step down)
Jackson DK-2 (Dropped B or if you prefer dropped D 1.5 steps down)

Amps:

Mesa/Boogie Dual Caliber DC-5 w/gold grille(tan+black)
Mesa Recto 2x12(horiz) w/gold grille

Marshall JCM900 SL-X 2100
Marshall 1960AV

Marshall MG80rcd
Marshall MG 412

[/img][/code]

ned said:
Chris- what is the Vox 1U rack? autowah?

Cud - what amp are you using? how does the Full Drive sound?

Ned

I'm using a Mark IV/recto cab. Haven't actually used the FD with the Mark IV. I'm still getting my rig together in one room of the house and just haven't had time while I'm building my project guitar.

I don't have any photo's of my primary rig but here's a decription. I'm currently using a 21 space Grundorf rack and from top to bottom is:
1. Boogie TriAxis preamp
2. Boogie 50/50 poweramp
3. Boogie Mark IV short head
4. THD Univalve
5. Yamaha UD Stomp (it's a floor unit mounted on a sliding shelf)
6. Korg DTR-1 Tuner
7. THD Hot Plate (used as a load for the output of the Mark IV)
(the Mark IV and the Univalve are used as preamps along with the TriAxis)
8. DMC Ground Control Pro, midi controller ( used to control both the TriAxis and the UD Stomp), and I also plan in the very near future to get a DMC GCX unit to add to the midi controller to add all my stand alone pedals (delays, chorus', etc.), as well as to switch between the three preamps in the rack.
As for speakers it depends on how loud I need to be. At home or in smaller rooms when I play out I'll switch the poweramp to low power (15 watts per channel) and run through an Avatar 2-12" stereo cab loaded with a pair of Celestion Alnico Blues, when I need more volume I switch the poweramp to hi (50 watts per channel) and run through a pair of Boogie Thiele 1-12' cabs loaded with EVM-12L speakers.
As for axes my #1 is a Heritage 535, and sometimes I'll pull out the 81' Les Paul Standard, or the 84' Strat Plus for songs that require single coil tones.

Russ are those Mark IIC+'s I see there?

Unfortunately, no! A MKIII Simul-Class head, A Studio 22+ Combo, and a 50 Caliber+ combo, A Fender MusicMaster Bass Amp, and a Champ...

My new Lone Star special 1X12
lonestr1.jpg

And for the rest of my stuff

http://david-zeitlin.20m.com/photo.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back