Post your Rig!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC02521.jpg

DSC02511.jpg

DSC02310.jpg

Bloodstone said:
Those Behringer tuners are pretty nifty with the lights under them aren't they :)

I have one on top of my rect so it makes my knobs shine in the dark!

yeah man, they looks and works awesome, Behringer rocks!!! :D

Hey ibanez4life SZ! That's a clean setup. How are you liking that Avatar 4x12? What speakers are you running?

Mine is an Avatar 2x12 with a Vintage 30 and a G12H30 open back. I also have a Hot Plate sitting between my cab and RK head.

really simple here, one rig for metal (mesa of course) one for everything else.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/s_frein/detail?.dir=/b43d&.dnm=f621scd.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/s_frein/detail?.dir=/b43d&.dnm=bab9scd.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/s_frein/detail?.dir=/b43d&.dnm=1abbscd.jpg&.src=ph

scott

How do folks,
My boy and I have a couple'o stringed instruments. Not pictured; 2 violins, a hollow body bass, a classical guitar and a very abused Tele.

Guitarsandmesa003.jpg

My electric workhorses,

Guitarsandmesa006.jpg

No explaination neccessary :wink: :lol:

Guitarsandmesa022.jpg

Guitarsandmesa023.jpg

Guitarsandmesa011.jpg

Guitarsandmesa015.jpg

I ain't no photographer :roll: :lol:
It sure was fun though :D
BillA

My rig

P1010130.jpg

Signal path goes like this
Guitar -> VHT Valvulator -> Cry Baby -> Carl Martin Hot Drive N Boost -> Home made fuzz (I call it the 3-D Fuzz) -> Ibanez Tube Screamer TS-10 -> Ibanez Digital Chorus -> Electro Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress -> Mesa Boogie MkIII Simulclass (Red Stripe) amp

The rest of the items on the pedalboard are Mesa Boogie MkIII foot switches for Rhythm 1/ Rhythm 2, Rhythm/Lead, EQ On/Off, Motion Sound SR-112 rotary speaker speed select & speaker On/Off, Peavey Valverb Reverb On/Off (Because of the enclosure's large size, I located this switch in the Electric Mistress enclosure.), Scholz Rockman Analog Chorus/Delay On/Off, Scholz Rockman Analog Chorus/Delay Chorus/Delay toggle, Peavey Valverb Tremolo On/Off, Boss Tuner (fed from second output of VHT Valvulator). I built the black switch box. It includes an Amp brand 16 pin connector that connects a cable that runs to the amp rack. There are nine switches total on the pedalboard (three of them on the black box) that control stuff back at the amp rack. All nine of the switches connect to the 16 pin connector through the black box. Each switch has it's own LED so I can tell the status of each item back at the rack by looking at the pedalboard switch LED's.

Note there is also an empty space in front of the mic stand mount that I have left to put a Heil Sound Talk box. I don't always use it and it is heavy so it is not a permanent resident on the board.

P1010132.jpg

Photo of my pedalboard in front of my amp rack and my speakers. Amp rack includes the Mesa Boogie amp, the Peavey Valverb & the Scholz Rockman analog chorus/delay module (they are wired through the Boogie's effects loop.) The speakers are a Motion Sound SR-112 rotary speaker (1 x 12") & an Electro Voice EV12L in a small cabinet on which I installed some Fender Grill cloth that was rescued from an old Fender amp. What you don't see in the amp picture is the breakout box in the back of the amp rack that connects the other side of the 16 pin cable connector and distributes all of the control lines for the various items that are being controlled by the pedalboard switches. In that breakout box, I also included an old FET preamp that is enabled/bypassed via a relay that is controlled by the Tremolo On/Off switch at the pedalboard. The reason for the FET preamp is that the Peavey Valverb Tremolo drops the overall guitar level slightly when engaged. I use the FET preamp to boost the signal back up to remove the volume drop. It works real well.

My main guitars that connect to this fun stuff are my '69 Stratocaster, mid 70's Les Paul Standard or my Washburn hollowbody (it looks a bit like a gretsch with it's clear orange finish and it's gold bigsby, but it has dual humbuckers like a gibson.)[/img]

Here's my little rig.

2825895750092976189Xkgagz_fs.jpg
[/img]

That's a DC-3 driving a prototype Fender vertical 2x12 cab from the early 80s.

In the rack there's a power conditioner, midiverb, Roland digital reverb and a Korg tuner. Pedals didn't make it into the shot, but include Crybaby, MXR phase 90, dynacomp, Q-Tron and digitech digital delay (an old one).

That guitar is a 1988 Fender Strat Plus.

Hello - I'm new here. Anyway - nice to see lots of Boogie lovers out in the world!

Anyway - hope I don't bore you. As compared to some of you cats, I'm kinda embarrassed!
Dscn1568.jpg

Cakewalk Sonar 2.0 XL Recording Program

Dscn1564.jpg

Roland VS 1880 Digital 18 Track

Dscn1566.jpg

1980 Westbury Standard with Kahler. Bought it in about '82 for $125. It's built like a brick shithouse, but has seen better days. Yeah - I like to fish as well. :D

Dscn1565.jpg

2000 Yamaha RBX 360 Bass

Dscn1563.jpg

1975 Music Man HD 130 with Generic Horrible 15" and even crappier homemade cab. That's a circa 1942 Digitech thingy that I really never use anymore.

Dscn1562.jpg

That's a Pathetic Peavy. I use it when I run out of toilet paper.

Dscn1558.jpg

2001 Squire Strat I bought basically new for $70. Ya - most of them are terrible, but I found this one in a friend's pawn shop, and they screwed up and made this one with a straight neck! You'd laugh, but the thing actually plays great!

Dscn1559.jpg

Some Yamaha keyboard thing. Somebody just sort of gave it too me.

Dscn1567.jpg

Doesn't everybody and their grandmother have one of those? Think I got it for free. :D

Dscn1557.jpg

1981 Guild X79. Bought it in '89 for $100. The guts in the thing are killer, but it's the ugliest guitar in the world. Actually have it set up in E tuning for slide....

Dscn1556.jpg

Couple of junk acoustics, although I bought the Silvertone on the right for $50 2 years ago from a pawn shop - basically brand new. Grover tuners come standard, and you'd laugh if you knew how good it played and sounded.

Dscn1560.jpg

1981 Les Paul Standard. Probably the only guitar that I actually spent a little bit on. I bought it 1994 from a friend, whom I'd talked down over the course of a 3 year period from $900 all the way down to $450. I figured I got a decent deal on it. :D

Dscn1561.jpg

1983 Boogie Mk IIC 1/2 Stack, 60/100 watt.... Guess that's the main reason I'm here.

I bought it new at Metro Music in Atlanta for $2k back in October of 1983.. I had been looking all over the place at amps - had almost settled on a 25th anniversery Marshall Stack. Finally, went to Metro. As the story went, the salesman told me and the other guitar player in the band I was playing in at the time, that these were among the very first Boogies east of the Mississippi. I'd started hearing about Boogies at that time (what's this word "Mesa" y'all keep using? :D ).

Anyway, I played one A chord through some sort of guitar (don't remember what), but put the guitar down, grabbed $2,000 out of my wallet, handed it to him, and said - you really didn't have to work for that commission, did you? :D

It's still my baby. I wouldn't take a million dollars for it. When I die, it goes with me, as we'll be cremated together. The wife might not like that, but it came around before she did, so...... :wink:

That's alotta nifty gear there bud. I really like the Mark II. Mesa Engineering was the name that Randall Smith (founder of Mesa/Boogie) came up with when he was asked for a name to put down to order Mercedes Benz engine parts and amplifier parts back in the 70's. He picked that because he said it sounded "professional" and he came up with it one the spot. "Boogie" came from Carlos Santana when he was demoing an amp that Randall had built for another guitarist. Carlos said that the little combo-later became the Mark I, really "Boogies" and it stuck. Little bit of history, If I'm wrong someone will surely correct me. Anyways, Welcome my friend, to the true home of tone . 8)

-AJH

MesaENGR412 said:
That's alotta nifty gear there bud. I really like the Mark II. Mesa Engineering was the name that Randall Smith (founder of Mesa/Boogie) came up with when he was asked for a name to put down to order Mercedes Benz engine parts and amplifier parts back in the 70's. He picked that because he said it sounded "professional" and he came up with it one the spot. "Boogie" came from Carlos Santana when he was demoing an amp that Randall had built for another guitarist. Carlos said that the little combo-later became the Mark I, really "Boogies" and it stuck. Little bit of history, If I'm wrong someone will surely correct me. Anyways, Welcome my friend, to the true home of tone . 8)

-AJH

Oh - I know. I was just kidding. I felt like I was REALLY showing my (42) age! :D

It's been banged up a little here and there. Fell from about 7 feet out of a truck in Northern Alberta one time. It didn't phase it, though. I almost cried.

Thanks for the welcome, dawgs. It's nice to talk to some folks that "understand".... :D

4nkam, NICE RIG. What brand is the strap on your black guitar?

Shoulda went with the M7GG3 in true 'tallica fashion :D

jamesguitars1.jpg

M7GG3.jpg

I really dig that pic on the cab though! Greetings from the ESP forum as well haha!

-AJH

Ok. Sit tight. Here it goes:

Guitars

Ibanez RG1527CB 7 string AirNorton neck - ToneZone7 bridge

Ibanez custom modded RG 6 string Fred neck - Lace Sensor Red middle ToneZone bridge

Jackson Warrior MG 6 string EMG HZ + EMG AfterBurner onboeard pre

Rack

Gator G-Tour 8U rack
George L's Cables throughout
Furman PL-II Plus power conditionner
DMC GCX Guitar Audio Switcher
MIJ Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
MesaBoogie Triaxis 2.0
TC Electronic G-Major
Custom Cédrik Ménard ToggleBox
MesaBoogie Stereo Two: Ninety power amplifier

Cabinets