Post your Rig!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AART said:
4nkam, why do you saw off the rack ears of the preamps?!?!? :?: :? :shock:

Yep, they're screwed to the sides of the units and I was working on the insides, so I removed the whole thing on the studio. The Quad didn't come with any rack ears :(

MJ

100_1298.jpg

100_0325.jpg

thought id share too dont laugh please im a sensitive puppy

http://www.zen80419.zen.co.uk/barky/

pheonix, that choice of wood isnt really my thing but i have got to say that you have got got to own the most beautiful lookin amp i have ever seen in my life. :shock:

Thanks Gents. This wood is from the trip the Mesa boys took to Oregon 2 Dec. ago. They made the head and cabs out of the same piece of wood so the random figuring lines up, and redid the ohms to switch between the cabs. That trip also led to the Private Reserve category in their pricelist :shock: Glad I was under the old prices.

The A-B versus my old plexis and Fenders is scarier than the wood. :D
It still amazes me that so many people trash Mesa. I thought cancer was bad. Clearly earwax is worse.

My rig is simple. I don't have a pic available but it is a s follows

Les paul,neckthrough worlock,jap charvelw/emgs,

Wah

MarkIV widebody.

It's all about the metal.

http://photobucket.com/albums/e384/dualrec221/?action=view&current=IMG_0992.jpg
THis is my gear. Small and simple as of now, but i am very proud of it because I paid for it. Not a big deal for some of you but I am 16, and I spent a whole summer and spent all my money upgrading from a ss peavey, to a hot rodded dual rectifier

dual rec said:
http://photobucket.com/albums/e384/dualrec221/?action=view&current=IMG_0992.jpg
THis is my gear. Small and simple as of now, but i am very proud of it because I paid for it. Not a big deal for some of you but I am 16, and I spent a whole summer and spent all my money upgrading from a ss peavey, to a hot rodded dual rectifier

Cool rig, how do you like that VHT cab? Did you A/B it with the 2x12 recto cab? I am curious how the VHT compares if you have, I've read lots of good things about it

Congratulations! Very nice upgrade! You have a better rig than I have had for years and years, so you have every reason to be proud of it. Knowing that you earned it yourself tells me that you'll probably take pretty good care of it. :D

One piece of friendly advice, don't loan it out or let "friends" use it without your direct supervision. You'll regret it, as your friends don't always appreciate how hard and long you've worked to get your gear. If you search this forum, you'll find a couple horror stories. :shock:

Thanks guys. Platypus I haven't A/B it with the recto yet but what from what I heard it the is better. I hav played the recto, just a long time ago. I didn't even know what the VHT cab was when I got it. When the guy was bringin the DR up from Nashville he said he had a pretty sweet cab that I might like and I could try it for free. I figured it would be convenient and it had casters so I forked over the money. Through all my trials with my DR I have gotten to where I know if I get in tone a rut I will eventually get out and have sonic bliss again. The VHT is a good cab though. I am trying to get an avatar 4X12. I could sell my VHT and almost have enough to pay for the avatar, but I dont know if I want to do that.

Screamingdaisy where do you put the pickup batteries in your les paul? Do you just put them into the control cavity? If so... aren't your screw holes getting worn out?

Atomic.Sheep said:
Screamingdaisy where do you put the pickup batteries in your les paul? Do you just put them into the control cavity? If so... aren't your screw holes getting worn out?

Yes, and no. I change them once or twice a year regardless of whether they need it or not (I always test them, and they always have plenty of juice left). The screw holes are fine, but I make it a point to not tighten them right down....just to snug them up.

100_6276.jpg

100_5790.jpg

I don't use the Digitech processor...I just don't like the way an empty space looks in the rack.

DCP_1432.JPG

My newest guitar, a japanese fender contemporary strat (1986). It has Bare knuckle Trilogy Suite single coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back