Post your rig part 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
12110006.jpg

Live rig!

KiwiJoe said:
My humble, minimalist offering.

IMG_0006a_zpsfa3c8799.jpg

IMG_0001a.jpg

And it is conveniently gig-able.

IMG_0003a-1.jpg

Dont cha just love it. Thats me too. The tone is KILLER and the packing is way less. The Mini just rocks in every way.

Adambomb said:
Dont cha just love it. Thats me too. The tone is KILLER and the packing is way less. The Mini just rocks in every way.
I am still blown away with this little beast. At that gig in the photo, there were 3 other bands, and after our soundcheck (everything was mic'd) the sound guy and all 5 other guitarists were just jaw dropped. :shock: All of them were Marshall guys, and none of them had ever heard of a Mini Rec let alone actually heard one (Boogie is pretty exotic stuff here in NZ); they just couldn't get over how big it sounded even un-mic'd with the 1X12 - on 10 watts. The guys who say it's not loud enough for them must be playing in some REALLY loud bands because I can't imagine it not being loud enough.

I'm scared to see what this thread will look like after the holidays! :p

lespaulguy32 said:
I'm scared to see what this thread will look like after the holidays! :p

I think scared is the wrong word. Im going to anticipation.

DL%20and%20Rectoverb.jpg

Rectoverb and EBMM Y2D Darklord

Rectoverb%20und%20DC-5.jpg

Rectoverb and DC-5

i´ll have to pull the roadster head out of the road-case and take a picture with these three heads together....(in the near future)

joe web said:
DL%20and%20Rectoverb.jpg

Rectoverb and EBMM Y2D Darklord

Rectoverb%20und%20DC-5.jpg

Rectoverb and DC-5

i´ll have to pull the roadster head out of the road-case and take a picture with these three heads together....(in the near future)
Oh ****! :D

My Boogie stack grew in an odd way... :roll:
newampstack1.jpg

The Super Dallas and MkIII actually make really good stable mates. 8)

Well, Here it is after Christmas/My Birthday...

Le Boogie... I got an SM57, as well as the One by Apogee to mic up my amp...
8322386648_c604fd9d60_b.jpg

My Guitars...
8321329097_fb5842daa1_b.jpg

I also got the Tone Burst to boost my clean channel a bit...
8321338195_f39def3d28_b.jpg

My Pedalboard as of today... I have a Pedaltrain Pro (soft case version) on order, as I have pretty much outgrown this Gator board and my old SKB board. I got the Memory Man for Christmas, and the Rotosphere for my Birthday.
8321300191_40ee467ae4_b.jpg

Finally, the full rig, after everything... :p
8321303485_d20d8c8af6_b.jpg

I just got two new pedals: The Mr. Black Supermoon and the Fromel Shape parametric EQ (no more GE-7 - YAY!). I had the EQ in the loop, but I found that it sounds better up front after the wah. The modulation pedals remain in the loop.

The new pedals
Super-shape_zps1c4a82e5.jpg

The current board configuration
IMG_0001a_zpsff9869ad.jpg

The whole enchilada
IMG_0007a_zpsc319cf3c.jpg

I've been wondering how that hollowbody Epi sounds with the high gain Mini? What type music are your jammin out?

KiwiJoe said:
I just got two new pedals: The Mr. Black Supermoon and the Fromel Shape parametric EQ (no more GE-7 - YAY!). I had the EQ in the loop, but I found that it sounds better up front after the wah. The modulation pedals remain in the loop.

The new pedals

The whole enchilada

Adambomb said:
I've been wondering how that hollowbody Epi sounds with the high gain Mini? What type music are your jammin out?
With one group I do da bloooze and blues-based classic rock; the other is more jazz-based blues/fusion/funk.

Feedback is usually not an issue because I keep the gain around 9 o'clock and the master at noon-1 o'clock on "vintage". I like the pushed setting, too, keeping it pushed pretty hard and using the guitar volume to control gain from clean to just clipping. Clean is just...clean. I like to use the Mini for the full range of its capabilities; you know as well as I do how versatile it is.

Anyway, here is a night where I was having issues because we never really got a chance to get a proper sound check (long story), and I had to just wing it with the settings. I eventually just decided to exploit the feedback and use it. I found out after this song that I didn't have feedback issues with the GE-7 turned off. Now I have the Fromel and it just behaves nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o0q4jkAE-8

Hi, I'm new here.
This is my current gear.
Amps
-Marshall 1936 cab, with celestion g12t75 speakers
-Marshall 9001 tube pream (3 channel) and marshall 8008 stereo power amp
-Marshall "Plexi" 1987x modified
-Mesa Boogie Mark IIB 60/100W

Guitars
-handmade lap steel guitar
-handmade super strat style guitar
-jolana les paul model
(I have other guitars: kramer pacer custom, ibanez SA, crafter acoustic...)

Pedals
-mxr graphic eq
-handmade delay
-modified crybaby wha
-modified mxr phase90
-advance overcat drive
-ibanez ts808
-modified mxr dist+
-handmade fuzz
-planet waves tuner
-all is controlled by a true bypass looper with six bufferized loop.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is some of my gear. Happy to own 2 more Mesa/Boogie products (MKIII Blue Stripe and Metal grill 4x12). I do mostly recording which is why everything is all over the place so excuse the mess.

DSC_0046a.jpg

DSC_0047a.jpg

DSC_0050a.jpg

DSC_0051a.jpg

thanks alot for giving gas on that wicky looking eq

KiwiJoe said:

The new pedals

The whole enchilada

changed amps within my rigs last week and therefore i got the chance to make a "stacked" picture of the gear.
DC-5, Rectoverb II, Roadster, Recto 4x12" straight/slanted

Mesa%20Stack.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back