Post your rig part 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adambomb said:
guitarrhinoceros said:
Um, I don't get a lot of the rigs that are posted on here? I play and have played out for the last three years. Even did a small tour of New England and Northern California. I was fortunate enough to meet other guitarists from touring bands as well. Some of these so-called rigs don't really seem like they are true rigs that are taken out on tour. I know MesaENGR is a legit touring guy with an extensive and complicated rig, but some of these other rigs just seem more like amp collections than actual touring/gigging rigs.

Who drags two 4x12 cabs and two heads for your usual local gig? It seems like overkill. If it makes you happy, that is great -- I'm not knocking anyone. I'm just surprised that so many people are seemingly purchasing such giant rigs for their musical endeavors. It seems like people have gone a bit overboard, that's all.

Or, maybe this thread should be called "Post your ENTIRE AMP AND GUITAR AND PEDAL COLLECTION" :p

Sense a little hostility in your post, don't hate man, haha. Most these are pics of all their amps and stuff AT HOME. When I was young I used to really stick my nose in people rigs like, what's that what's that, but not I can look over and the other guitarist can be playing a single Peavey Classic 50 or a Monster Mesa double up on everything stack, makes no difference to me. And You think everybody takes every piece of gear to shows in these pictures u see?? LOL. Ok I gotta ask, where's ur pic of ur rig man? ;)
And this is a POST YOUR RIG thread, nothing more... So come on we're waiting for your pics of the "perfect" most logical rig? We'll run it by you next time we decide to buy to much stuff, lol jk.

No, no. Seriously, I wasn't being hostile. I am just commenting on what I see. It's interesting, that's all.

Adambomb said:
guitarrhinoceros said:
Um, I don't get a lot of the rigs that are posted on here? I play and have played out for the last three years. Even did a small tour of New England and Northern California. I was fortunate enough to meet other guitarists from touring bands as well. Some of these so-called rigs don't really seem like they are true rigs that are taken out on tour. I know MesaENGR is a legit touring guy with an extensive and complicated rig, but some of these other rigs just seem more like amp collections than actual touring/gigging rigs.

Who drags two 4x12 cabs and two heads for your usual local gig? It seems like overkill. If it makes you happy, that is great -- I'm not knocking anyone. I'm just surprised that so many people are seemingly purchasing such giant rigs for their musical endeavors. It seems like people have gone a bit overboard, that's all.

Or, maybe this thread should be called "Post your ENTIRE AMP AND GUITAR AND PEDAL COLLECTION" :p

Sense a little hostility in your post, don't hate man, haha. Most these are pics of all their amps and stuff AT HOME. When I was young I used to really stick my nose in people rigs like, what's that what's that, but not I can look over and the other guitarist can be playing a single Peavey Classic 50 or a Monster Mesa double up on everything stack, makes no difference to me. And You think everybody takes every piece of gear to shows in these pictures u see?? LOL. Ok I gotta ask, where's ur pic of ur rig man? ;)
And this is a POST YOUR RIG thread, nothing more... So come on we're waiting for your pics of the "perfect" most logical rig? We'll run it by you next time we decide to buy to much stuff, lol jk.

I was directly commenting on the notion that it was a "post your rig" thread. Let me put it another way -- are all of these pictures of people's rigs, as in what they use when they gig? That is what I've always thought of when I used the phrase, "let's see your rig."

My rig is very modest. I used to have three amps, then tried the stereo thing last summer, and had four guitars at the most. I got rid of the stuff I didn't use though and settled on just the things I need to make music. I honestly don't have anywhere to put two half stacks and a combo! So I settled on a combo, a few guitars, and a pretty large pedalboard.

I like the rigs I see on here. I'm not envious, just curious. I've been there, done that. It didn't work for me, but I am interested in knowing how it works for everyone else. There is just so much to haul, setup, control, organize, maintain when hauling around a stereo rig. I'm interested to know how some of these people seemingly are able to do all of it. :)

Adambomb said:
Guitarrhinoceros... Pics or it never happened (as they say). :D

Fine then, it never happened. I don't have the time to seriously go through thousands of pictures in iPhoto, just to find old pictures of my various amp equipment to make you feel better about our conversation. I would also prefer to be your friend and not your enemy. I don't know if you are joking around, but seriously, the pictures or it never happened sentence thew me off. It reminds me of middle school.

Anyways ….

Let's pretend that I never had any amps or any guitars then, and that since I don't have pictures I'm a fat liar that deserves to die a horrible death. You win, I lose. Getting back to my initial interest into this thread, which wasn't and isn't at all supposed to be hostile or condescending -- do people really lug around half of what they are showing in these pictures, thus meaning the images are pics of amp rigs, or, are these mainly pics of gear collections? As a guitarists, I just want to know how others are carrying on with the craft as well. And honestly, the only reason I'm confused is because of the title of the thread, being "post your rig." I'm just curious on the logistics of hauling and setting up so much amazing gear. Is that not a fair and okay question to ask?

nitrous2400 said:
maimapz.jpg

7-4-08095.jpg

This is an awesome rig/collection of gear. Very nice!

guitarrhinoceros said:
Adambomb said:
Guitarrhinoceros... Pics or it never happened (as they say). :D

Fine then, it never happened. I don't have the time to seriously go through thousands of pictures in iPhoto, just to find old pictures of my various amp equipment to make you feel better about our conversation. I would also prefer to be your friend and not your enemy. I don't know if you are joking around, but seriously, the pictures or it never happened sentence thew me off. It reminds me of middle school.

Anyways ….

Let's pretend that I never had any amps or any guitars then, and that since I don't have pictures I'm a fat liar that deserves to die a horrible death. You win, I lose. Getting back to my initial interest into this thread, which wasn't and isn't at all supposed to be hostile or condescending -- do people really lug around half of what they are showing in these pictures, thus meaning the images are pics of amp rigs, or, are these mainly pics of gear collections? As a guitarists, I just want to know how others are carrying on with the craft as well. And honestly, the only reason I'm confused is because of the title of the thread, being "post your rig." I'm just curious on the logistics of hauling and setting up so much amazing gear. Is that not a fair and okay question to ask?

No no, pics of your rig I mean. On forums they say "pics or it never happened" when people talk about their gear but show no pics. So let's see them pics!? This IS a picture posting thread buddy.

finished my "new" little rig the last week.
the DC-5 "B" head sitting on top of a 4U rack, which houses a RJM RG-16 looper/switcher and a rack-tray with two overdrive pedals, flanger, phaser, chorus (all in front of the amp) and a cheap delays as well as the CAE line-driver (both in the loop) for pushing the solo-level.
a dunlop EVH wah-wah, a korg DT-10 as well as the rocktron all access midi-controller, are laying ahead of my feet.

DC-5%20incl%20Rack.jpg

the DC-5 rig is mainly used with the band Morbid Sky (old school 80s metal with modern character), but i can use it as a B-rig for Risky Whisky (Coverrock) as well.
and this is the A-rig:

big%20rack.jpg

roadster head, nearly the same pedals as with the b-rig, g-major 1, IPS33B (harmonizer), rocktron rack-interface, RJM RG-16
controlled by the same all access.

nice rigs!!

Notice: the most important component is definitely on top of the A-rig, right side 8) 8)

Well, here's the rig. Simple. I plan to add a Tremoverb combo to the rig as well as more pedals.

8034257584_01e7f79634_b.jpg

Pedalboard:

8079092318_28c1546f4a_b.jpg

lespaulguy32 said:
Kickass gear, man! How's that old Dual Rec doing for ya?

The Dual Rec is turning 20 in 2013 and I've never had a problem with it aside from tubes. I love it. It has a brighter clearer tone with more highs than a Rev G recto, and it has an avalanche of thick gain on tap. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFB3JsYMiw Every since I stopped trying to make it be an Electra Dyne, I've been getting along with it much better.

In case anyone is wondering, my preferred guitar amp combinations are the black guitar (Godin LG) with the Electra Dyne and the LP with the Recto. The homemade oversized 2 x 12 cab sounds best with the Dual Recto by far, and the 27" 1 x 12 works fine with either head!

YellowJacket said:
lespaulguy32 said:
Kickass gear, man! How's that old Dual Rec doing for ya?

The Dual Rec is turning 20 in 2013 and I've never had a problem with it aside from tubes. I love it. It has a brighter clearer tone with more highs than a Rev G recto, and it has an avalanche of thick gain on tap. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFB3JsYMiw Every since I stopped trying to make it be an Electra Dyne, I've been getting along with it much better.

In case anyone is wondering, my preferred guitar amp combinations are the black guitar (Godin LG) with the Electra Dyne and the LP with the Recto. The homemade oversized 2 x 12 cab sounds best with the Dual Recto by far, and the 27" 1 x 12 works fine with either head!

Cool! I personally would probably love the tone that you've probably got going on... I'm a real recto guy, but them Electra Dynes can scream really nicely!

8117882269_ec0fdb59ea_b.jpg

My updated board... I added a Boss Super Phaser... one of the coolest older pedals ever!

8117897568_27477c426a_b.jpg

The new old kid on the block...

8117892337_42c7b042a2_b.jpg

And, of course, the main amp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back