Post removed.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep the amp, and sell nothing. Buy a Mark IV head!

...another cab is always good, because you will always be able to use it with other amps/heads that you will inevitably own...a good cab is a lifer!!!

Buy both of those with a few Bens added, and that's what I would do with 2 grand to blow.

MesaDCLP said:
Keep the amp, and sell nothing. Buy a Mark IV head!

...another cab is always good, because you will always be able to use it with other amps/heads that you will inevitably own...a good cab is a lifer!!!

Buy both of those with a few Bens added, and that's what I would do with 2 grand to blow.

+1

Platypus, have you posted the modern settings yet? I loved the vintage clips, but that's only half of the amp. I'd love to hear the tight modern crunch that mesa is known for. I'm sure Koprofag would too.

I've had my eye on the Ace too. Hehehe, I love green.

OK, 4 hours isn't long enough. I went back and realized that was fresh clips. I still await the modern modes.

MesaDCLP said:
Platypus, have you posted the modern settings yet? I loved the vintage clips, but that's only half of the amp. I'd love to hear the tight modern crunch that mesa is known for. I'm sure Koprofag would too.

I've had my eye on the Ace too. Hehehe, I love green.

OK, 4 hours isn't long enough. I went back and realized that was fresh clips. I still await the modern modes.

Yep, I was just showing off the vintage stuff. I was in spongy power and tube rectifiers in all the clips. I'll get some of diode/bold modern settings up probably tomorrow for you guys.

If it helps at all, I used to own both a horizontal and vertical Recto 2x12, and currently own a Recto Standard 4x12. While the 4x12 is louder, I don't think it necessarily sounds any fuller than the horizontal 2x12. I'm seriously considering selling the 4x12 because it's such a beast to move around (nearly impossible with one person and a flight of stairs) and I don't need a louder rig.

Latest posts

Back