Pod XT help!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishSasquatch

Reaction score
my drumemr is having alot of trouble finding good tone out of his line6 pod xt when he records (guitars-hes a drummer but he plays guiatr too) heres a clip of that it sodusn like now-http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=894479&t=6364
any help on proper settings or such?

buy a mesa amp
There will be no problem at all
Once you bought a mesa amp you will never spend more money with broken toys like pod .
Go for it
luck

well what he said wasnt much help. But for what your working with it might start if the guitar is in tune..and turn your treble up a little you mid down a little and then see what you have..right now it sounds like puke..and the last note ruined the whole thing because it sounded even worse...so work on it and mess around with it..nobody can tell you a good sound because it all depends on your own set of ears...

-marc

sombra said:
buy a mesa amp
There will be no problem at all
Once you bought a mesa amp you will never spend more money with broken toys like pod .
Go for it
luck

...i have a mesa amp. He's a drumemr but plays guitar in his spare time. He has no interest in spending 2 thousand on a mesa. But i fully back mic recording. Ive heard some peoepls pod xt clips and they sound great for a processor, but they can;t compare to a roaring mic'ed mesa. Is tere any other liek specific modes that eh should try with the xt?

I saw a month ago a topic where users of pod were exchanging presets and ideas.
Try pod on SEARCH

There are large online communities, and websites dedicated to Line6 patches, however having said that, I was never happy with the tones in my PODxt. Hopefully something will work for your drummer.

PolishSasquatch said:
my drumemr is having alot of trouble finding good tone out of his line6 pod xt when he records (guitars-hes a drummer but he plays guiatr too) heres a clip of that it sodusn like now-http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=894479&t=6364
any help on proper settings or such?

Here's the best thing you can do with ANY Line 6 product. Get rid of it.

stop taking abuse from the boogie babies and go to http://www.instituteofnoise.com/forum/default.asp

if you are still watching this post

Here is the truth. The PodXT is a GREAT direct recording tool. I know this is a mesa board and I have a dual rec half stack. The POD does not really cut the way I want it to live but let me tell you I opened for Kings X on the local ticket and Ty Tabor was playing the POD PRO with a wall of mesa cabs and he was incredible.

I am using it with the bypass (not true) in front of my mesa as an effect pedal. It works for now and I have it eq'd pretty good so it doesn't effect my tone TOO much. Really. I hope to go back to pedals live but right now it gives me all kinds of sick effects.
Pod's have been used on more Hit recordings than you can identify. More hit recordings than any of the naysayers and purists here in this board can identify or will ever record themselves. Esspecially the black face and vintage type models.

THAT SAID. Your drummer needs to read the manual. One very very important feature of the Pod is that it has a button that allows you to choose what you are doing. There are many deep editing features available. The factory settings are very WET so find the reverb down deep in the patches and turn it down.

If you are direct recording using the 1x8,10,12 cabs will net you a huge guitar sound for Hard rock and metal.

Bottom line is that your drummer needs to think about the space that the model is in and dial in the space he wants. The models are sitting in virtual rooms with virtual mics and virtual blah blah blah.
PodXT is not a plug and play tool unless you want it to sound like @$$

My bass player got rid of the bass pod because it was too much figgering stuff out for his liking.

I'm not a Line 6 guy, but to say the Pod is crap, is just wrong. I'm an old tube guy, but i have an open mind about this stuff.

jamme61 said:
I'm not a Line 6 guy, but to say the Pod is crap, is just wrong. I'm an old tube guy, but i have an open mind about this stuff.

Ok so be an open mind but be an open ears too.
Pod and all these toys cant even simulate tube amps as companys say.
So it is a crap.
Although if you want a pod s tone than pod is good.

sombra said:
jamme61 said:

OK so be an open mind but be an open ears too.
Pod and all these toys cant even simulate tube amps as companys say.
So it is a crap.
Although if you want a pod s tone than pod is good.

using a pod live, in place of my tube amp, isn't an option(I agree crap) But using a pod just for effects through my loop on my MKIV, works great IMHO. I also think for recording music, a pod can do great things. This is why I can't just call the Pod crap, It really does somethings very well. Will it replace my tube amps? no way, at least not yet, maybe pod III or IV down the road will.

Latest posts

Back