Please help me ID this mark II combo amp if is a IIc or IIc+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxr2000

Reaction score
Its an Hardwood 1x12 combo, with two 6l6 tubes, (send/return, slave out with level, reverb,presence) on the back, On the front (Volume1/Pull bright,Treble/Pull shift,Bass/Pull shift,Middle/Mid Boost,Master1/Pull Deep,Lead Drive/Pull lead,Lead master/Pull Bright and 5 band eq) look like middle/mid boost was a later factory mod. Sorry don't have a camera to take good pictures

But the serial# 134**

What i find interesting and a bit rare is the middle/ mid boost "mod" on this amp...

found a date and Initials near the 6l6 tube sockets, date(9-84) and Initials(Bc or Rc).

can't find any info on the middle/mid boost pull mod!!! so i think that was done by somebody else...

Hi MXR2000,

Depending the Serial Number alone it should it is in the IIC+ production range from 12,5xx-14,999. There should be a "+" on the back of the Chassis over the power Cord. Sounds like a Sixty Watt Modell (2x6L6 Tubes). Reverb and EQ. You didn't mentioned anything about a Voltage Selector so it should be a SRG Model. (Sixty, Reverb, Graphic EQ). The middle pull pot could be the C++ mod. I remember the C++ Amps had this middle pull Potentiometer.

Maybe you find some more information about the C++ mod. Otherwise i would direct you to read the IIC+ Guide for Dummies. There are lot of information about these Amps. Here's the linkhttp://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18184 Enjoy!

SpongeRob said:
Hi MXR2000,

Depending the Serial Number alone it should it is in the IIC+ production range from 12,5xx-14,999. There should be a "+" on the back of the Chassis over the power Cord. Sounds like a Sixty Watt Modell (2x6L6 Tubes). Reverb and EQ. You didn't mentioned anything about a Voltage Selector so it should be a SRG Model. (Sixty, Reverb, Graphic EQ). The middle pull pot could be the C++ mod. I remember the C++ Amps had this middle pull Potentiometer.

Maybe you find some more information about the C++ mod. Otherwise i would direct you to read the IIC+ Guide for Dummies. There are lot of information about these Amps. Here's the linkhttp://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18184 Enjoy!
No there is no voltage selector and you are right a sixty watt model, i talked to a local tech and he told me if boogie this middle/mid boost mod it should be call (middle/pull shift) its this right? or this is the way the name this mod to convert the "IIC+" to "IIC++" this mid boost mod was done shape for the Rhythm channel?

Latest posts

Back