Play In Mark IV Push/Pull Knobs?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparklesmcgraw

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just a quick question. I recently got my first Mark IV and have a query regarding the push/pull knobs. Should these knobs have a small amount of play in them when compared to the non push/pull knobs? For example is it normal that they can be jiggled slightly withough actually being turned?

Every knob that can be pulled does this ever so slightly, I am assuming this is normal? The rest of the knobs are rock solid.

Cheers!

MK IV Type A early 90's...only the o/p (pull for silent recording) does have the play. Everything else's rock solid. :)

Actually, I just checked and they have tiny screws to hold the knobs in place. if you guys want to mess with it, all you need is a tiny screwdriver.

Also, if I want to get chicken-head knobs (for some reason I love those!) can I just order like 2 dozen of 'em from stew-macdonalds? Is there a better place to get like a set for mark iv for something? What's the protocol?

thanks

emperor_black said:
MK IV Type A early 90's...only the o/p (pull for silent recording) does have the play. Everything else's rock solid. :)

Actually, I just checked and they have tiny screws to hold the knobs in place. if you guys want to mess with it, all you need is a tiny screwdriver.

Also, if I want to get chicken-head knobs (for some reason I love those!) can I just order like 2 dozen of 'em from stew-macdonalds? Is there a better place to get like a set for mark iv for something? What's the protocol?

thanks

i would think the pots are to close together for chicken heads. Just my guess.

Latest posts

Back