pics of your jam spot!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

konstantine3

Reaction score
100_0239.jpg

I don't get it.
I will never play in a place like that.Why ?
Because here in Brazil we pay 10 bucks for studio hour rehearsal.
Air conditioner,good P.A.s and some few more good stuff.
4 guys 3 hours = 7.5 bucks per guy !! Almost nothing with an awsome confort and GOOD SOUND !!!
Why do you guys like to rehearsal like it was a nightmare ? :shock:

Just curious :wink:

because it doesnt cost 10 dollars in the united states it cost like 30-40 my old band paid 800 a month for a room.

Yes but you make more money working than us here so that's the same.
Our payments are lower than yours.
800 bucks,well it depends on how much you'll rehearsal for month.
My band rehearsal 3 times/week,still the quality of the sound in a studio is priceless ,rehearsal with bad sound make the members feel like the rehearsal was a s.h.i.t.When you hear well you play even better,well but it's just my opinion.
Luck

yeah, well for 800 we had a very nice spot it was converted into a studio almost so it had a control room with a live room and a riser for the drums we practiced 4-5 times a week if not more. the band name is Thirteen Yards To Victory

www.myspace.com/thirteenyardstovictory

18&Life said:
I don't get it.
4 guys 3 hours = 7.5 bucks per guy !! Almost nothing with an awsome confort and GOOD SOUND !!!

Let's see:
Free, except for electricity use
Don't have to pack up the van, vehicle(s) to get to the rehearsal area, then unpack get situated before any rehearsal ever gets started.
Creativeness sometimes are spontaneous, rather have rehearsal at your home to work on things.

Bring your own refreshments, some places won't allow brining in refreshments.

Don't have to worry about time since you are rehearsing at home unlike paying by the hour for a rehearsal spot?

How many time a band member forgets a guitar chord, an effect stomp box, his paraphernalia at rehearsal spot.

Climate here in the US is moderate, not extreme, air condition is only require during hot summers.

Some rehearsal spots are very strict and limits your entourage. There goes the groupies. :wink:

I'm sorry but to me you've described a non-professional band.
My band goes to rehearsals with everything ready.
We use studio equipments so we don't have to carry nothing besides guitar and bass.
We choose the studio so we like the place.
We don't use creativity at rehearsals,we use it when we are composing,for composing we play with pods and phones at my bedroom.Each one bring an idea and we work it together on phones.
We don't have to worry about time,we know wich songs we'll play .
If you have a cover band than job will be easier since there's nothing to compose :wink:

Honestly lets not get in a fight over the internet about this, every band has their own creative way of writing and practicing its dumb to argue some people like a basement some people like a studio some people like their garage some people like their bedroom either way its not your situation so there is no need to argue about whos practice space is better. This thread is to see what you practice in.

konstantine3's image
100_0239.jpg

18&Life said:
I don't get it.
I will never play in a place like that.
Why ?
Why do you guys like to rehearsal like it was a nightmare ?

RR said:
Let's see:
Free, except for electricity use
Don't have to pack up the van, vehicle(s) to get to the rehearsal area, then unpack get situated before any rehearsal ever gets started.
Creativeness sometimes are spontaneous, rather have rehearsal at your home to work on things.

Bring your own refreshments, some places won't allow brining in refreshments.

Don't have to worry about time since you are rehearsing at home unlike paying by the hour for a rehearsal spot?

How many time a band member forgets a guitar chord, an effect stomp box, his paraphernalia at rehearsal spot.

Climate here in the US is moderate, not extreme, air condition is only require during hot summers.

18&Life said:
I'm sorry but to me you've described a non-professional band.
My band goes to rehearsals with everything ready.
We use studio equipments so we don't have to carry nothing besides guitar and bass.
We choose the studio so we like the place.
We don't use creativity at rehearsals,we use it when we are composing,for composing we play with pods and phones at my bedroom.Each one bring an idea and we work it together on phones.
We don't have to worry about time,we know wich songs we'll play .
If you have a cover band than job will be easier since there's nothing to compose
Must be a culture gap or something. :?

18&Life said:
I don't get it.

I don't have to drive home with one eye closed from home....

You think that's bad?
You should'a seen the last place we practiced...or where we're practicing now for that matter!
Now that I think of it, I've neither seen nor ever met a band who had a "nice" rehearsal space..... :?

Well I'm jealous of your basement rehearsal space! I wish I had one. Permanent rehearsal spots are a total ***** to come by here in SF. There are some good hourly places at 15 an hour which isn't too bad but then you have to lug all of your gear to practice every time.

Back