Pics of my little Mark V rig (finally)...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
I think this is all I need. I've pretty much covered the basics. Don't be fooled by it's small size. It's capable of mass destruction and extremely pleasing tones. :twisted:

Headshots:
IMG_2119.jpg

The rig:
IMG_2124.jpg

Mark V footswitch rocks and so does the Nova:
IMG_2120.jpg

Gotta have these:
IMG_2121.jpg

I'm very happy with my setup. TONS of tones in this amp. Each mode is like an amp in itself with new tone possibilities.

Later!

Sweet rig! I had a chance to play a JP6 the other day at guitar center and I just loved it! I've had the pleasure of owning a sweet PRS Custom 22, but I sold it to fund my Mark V! I do not regret that however. Again, sweet rig and rock on!

Thanks, dudes! I seriously love this amp. It's one helluva amp. I've owned several Mesas in the past 3 years and this amp takes the cake in all categories.

Hey, smd24fan, how's your JP50 compare in your opinion? I played one and thought it felt pretty good! Much better than the OLP models for sure. My JP has been my main axe for almost 4 years now. The PRS is pretty solid competition though! The oldest guitar in the stable is not pictured. It's the fully customized Peavey Predator. It was my first guitar. It competes with the others, but I've got WAY too much money in it for what it is. Haha.

JP6, is that a bad horsie wah? how do you like that compared to a crybaby?

also, didn't you have a BFR at one point, was there a difference in feel / playability than the std model?

Thanks,

nice rig by the way.. im jealous, although I should be ordering a Mk V after christmas :)

dmcguitar said:
JP6, is that a bad horsie wah? how do you like that compared to a crybaby?

also, didn't you have a BFR at one point, was there a difference in feel / playability than the std model?

Thanks,

nice rig by the way.. im jealous, although I should be ordering a Mk V after christmas :)

Yep, that's a bad horsie. Nice wah! The sweep is much longer and wider than a crybaby and it is SWITCHLESS. I got tired of the switch on my original crybaby so I got rid of it for the Morley. Haven't looked back!

Yep, used to have a BFR. It was just too much cash to have tied up in one guitar. I felt guilty and ended up selling it to pay off credit cards at the time. The neck was a bit thicker than the standard JP and was finished so it was just a tad sticky (not as bad as an LP though). I thought the tone was muddy compared to the standard JP too. Must have been the mahogany tone block and neck. I prefer maple necks I guess!

very nice rig!!! love the blue prs, it looks amazing

my mark v (limited edition flamed maple)is being built this week so it will be mabye mid december....ish before i can get it and some pics of it up ,im excited but i am waiting patiently it will be that much better when it gets here

Wow - nice rig all the way around! That head / cab combination looks great and I expect it sounds fantastic. This was my no compromise option on the off chance I found no 1x12 combos available. Nice guitars too!

A hearty agreement with all the other posters. You've got some nice toys there.

Finally my own V head shipped out on the 19th so should be here either tomorrow or Wednesday. I'll post up a couple of pics of my toys in my thread over there after it gets here.

And man, looking at your PRS makes me start to miss mine. Had a '97 Custom 22 that I let go a couple years back when I made the jump to Jacksons. Boy was that PRS a friggin workhorse and then some. Thing never ever quit on me despite what I did to it, heh!

MusicManJP6 said:
Thanks, dudes! I seriously love this amp. It's one helluva amp. I've owned several Mesas in the past 3 years and this amp takes the cake in all categories.

Hey, smd24fan, how's your JP50 compare in your opinion? I played one and thought it felt pretty good! Much better than the OLP models for sure. My JP has been my main axe for almost 4 years now. The PRS is pretty solid competition though! The oldest guitar in the stable is not pictured. It's the fully customized Peavey Predator. It was my first guitar. It competes with the others, but I've got WAY too much money in it for what it is. Haha.

The JP50 with a few changes is actually quite good. I installed the DiMarzio Crunch Lab and Liquifire pickups, changed out the pickup selector switch and it really rocks now. It's obviously allot different from the USA model, but very respectable. The trem on the EBMM is just incredible as you already know, and the birds-eye maple neck is also to die for. The neck on the JP50 is satin-finished on the back, feels great. The trem is not as heavy duty as the USA, but stays in tune WAY better than I expected. It has locking tuners as well, they appear to be as nice as the one's on the USA. All in all, a great guitar for the money. Man I miss my PRS, I had a 20thAnniversary Artist Top Custom 22 in Violin Amber. Without a doubt the best guitar I've ever had, but I needed the Mark V more. You can make decent guitars sound great through a Mark V, great guitars sound bad through a crappy amp!

Adam, did you sell the GT-8 too? I confess that I'm starting to GAS for a MKV too, but hey, maybe you can sell me yours somewhere down the road :lol: !!! Best of luck with the rig!

Matt

mdortona said:
Adam, did you sell the GT-8 too? I confess that I'm starting to GAS for a MKV too, but hey, maybe you can sell me yours somewhere down the road :lol: !!! Best of luck with the rig!

Matt

You might be waiting awhile if you are waiting for me to sell this amp! It's got me captivated at the moment and there doesn't seem to be any end of this phase in sight. It's got a beautiful clean channel, extremely usable Ch2 (unlike MIV IMO), and a killer Ch3 of course.

The GT-8 is gone as well as the DC-3, and Rectoverb. The GT-8 was sucking tone, only switches b/w 2 channels, and I was only using delay so it was sold to help pay for the Nova Delay and EB Volume Pedal, etc. I'm trying to decide on an OD pedal now since I have space for one more pedal on my board. The Fulltone FullDrive 2 is what I'm leaning towards.

Don't worry, I can wait. Besides, I don't have any dough at the moment anyway (I gave it all to MonstaTone - He's building me a baby Plexi) :lol: :lol:

If you're looking for an OD pedal (but why would you need on with the MKV?), test drive the Seymour Duncan Blue Tube and the hallowed BB Preamp. I have both. I use the BlueTube with my old Fender Bandmaster to goose the input and get wonderful results. Since it's two channel, I have the other channel set for higher gain or for leads. I use the BB preamp as part of my usual gigging pedal board with the dual LSS & Bandmaster rig. Take it easy!

Matt

Nice Rig. Have the essentials covered in high quality.

Just curious, what would you use the OD pedal for with the MKV head? I just bought a Wylde Wah pedal, not exactly what I want after a week at home jamming, will try the Horsie out. Have to see what you are talking about with the no on/off click.

I also have the JP6. Have heard others talk about coming out of tune during dive bombs. I don't usually slam it home like that and it stays in tune well. Any thoughts?

Also, do you play your piezo p/u thru another amp when sending magnetic thru the MKV? I am using an old fender tube at the moment, looking at a Genz Benz acoustic amp for 399 at GC to handle those duties. Fender is adequate at low volume but not built for that.

Hey JP, was looking at your rig pics again and I wanted to tell you that I FINALLY bought a JP6 today! Been waiting a LONG time, bought it in Mystic Dream like yours with the Piezo system. Can't wait o get it man, needless to say the JP50 is for sale now!

Great looking rig. I just purchased an Electra Dyne but I really want to try the Mark V. Nothing available local.

I agree the JP6 is a great guitar that only gets better the more you learn to maximize the flexibility of it, kinda like the MKV amp. If you are seriously gassing for one, at the GC in Marrietta Ga, near ATL, they have a used one for $950. I is an abused child though. Some dings in the head and body scratches. I had to play it. Plays well. Could be something to swap pups out in and to have a spare.....

I use my bar on my JP6 alot and never seem to have issues with it going out of tune noticably.
I lent my BH wah out a long time ago and now I have lost the guys number I lent it to, but I would really like it back. To better explain how it works, there is a piece of circular metal (like that used to hold packets of bricks together) that squashes and raises the pedal back up when there is no pressure on it. It really is an amazing sounding wah (to my ears) and played thru the clean channel of an amp you can get a classic Vai like tone with it.

Latest posts

Back