PICS of Custom FootSwitches for Mesa Boogie Amps

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMP-BLACKOUT

Reaction score
Just thought you all would like to see pics of some custom footswitches I/we have built recently for various (but mostly Tremoverb) Mesa Boogie Amps.

This one is the ThunderLooper ICX8.2, it's completely computer controlled and actually has a small CPU on board. Each switch independantly turns on multiple Mesa Amp switches AND also selects which effects loop gets turned on (2 effects loops on board plus the Mesa Effects Loop. This is obviously the Ultimate Footswitch Controller:
ICX82.jpg

This is how we handle connecting to the rear external switching of a Tremoverb, with 9V DC power.
DSCF2885.jpg

This is a ThunderSwitcher 4.4 in Black Diamond Plate:
TremoverbHW4MLED.jpg

This is a ThunderSwitcher 4.2 (Unpowered) in Vintage Nordic Blue:
ThunderSwitcher4.jpg

This is the rear converter box for an unpowered footswitch (only uses the 2 leds which the Mesa Amp powers with the 3v line voltage.
ThunderSwitcher4-1.jpg
[/img]

would one of these pedals let me unlock footswitchable channel voicings for a single recto head? if so then im intrigued 8)

ps, do you make replacement fronts for rectos too? ie the diamond plate bit lol!

As far as the "voicing" switches, I will only do those if the amp is out of warranty AND you are local (i.e. southeast florida).... AND there is absolutely NO WAY to stop that "pop" when switching voicings.... the voicing circuits were not designed to be switched while playing....

yes we do the diamond-plate stuff, check out the website: http://www.ThunderCAB.com

AA

I want to buy a project case to mount , say 4-5 on/off and or momentary switches in 1 box as opposed to moving around or velcroing a few to a pedalboard. Does anyone have a basic diagram for a boogie type on/off footswitch with the light ? I think the parts are somewhere around $12 for a $60 footswitch.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Herrball

Can you make an external switch that I can use as a bypass for the fx loop on my Rectoverb combo?

I don't know guys......I am not too sure about this guy.

I contacted him by email about three weeks ago about a 4 button TOV switch box and it took a week to hear back. Said they were inundated with spam from China and he was using a different email address to get around it. OK. So, we emailed back and forth a couple of times one day and I was ready to pull the trigger and get one. I had some questions to go over and asked for a phone number so that I could call him and get it ironed out... he never answered. Hmm, so I emailed again about 24 hours later. Again, saying could he send me a phone number so I can get this ordered.... never heard back, and it's been over two weeks now. I don't know what happened but it seems fishy that as soon as I asked for a phone number, I never heard from him again and we had emailed back and forth a couple of times rather quickly until that.

Anyway, my quest led me to this other guy and I just got a four button switch from him that arrived yesterday. Here's a link to the review I put on the BB forum today: http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=16960
And BTW, the switch I bought was $60 cheaper than what I was quoted for this guys.

Latest posts

Back