Picked up the Mark IV!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howitzer

Reaction score
I must say, im completely amazed. I picked it up at a local GC and after about 5 minutes of playing, the Employee and I had a crowd asking what the amp was, etc etc - LOL.

Im surprised that this thing sounds so good. From my tests before ordering I was shocked, but it sounds even better than I remember.

First Two things I noticed after getting it home? Its easy to dial in settings to get a general sound you like, but hell to find perfection! And it needs footswitchable Reverb - Sounds great on the clean channel, but I refuse to use it on the Lead.

Also - On the lead channel with the EQ engaged, and the 80 Frequency bar all the way up, this amp has at least the same amount of bass, if not more, and it is WAY tighter also, But im still looking forward to running them parralell!

Lastly id like to thank you all for your information, this board is great!

Howitzer said:
First Two things I noticed after getting it home? Its easy to dial in settings to get a general sound you like, but hell to find perfection! And it needs footswitchable Reverb - Sounds great on the clean channel, but I refuse to use it on the Lead.

http://www.grailtone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3282&highlight=#3282

Here you go!

Sweet! now all I have to do is dial the ******* in, and im already pretty close!

Thanks a lot!

Ive dialed my MKIV in many times. There are so many great sound in there that I just can't make up my mind some times. And after I put EL34's in the outer sockets, man I was at it again. I am gonna start me a notebook with all the great settings so I can rememeber them later.

Scott

On the Lead channel, high gain/metal applications, im finding I only like the bass with the eq on, and close to, or above the top line? Is this normal? Or am I just too used to the recto bass? Ideas?

Howitzer said:
On the Lead channel, high gain/metal applications, im finding I only like the bass with the eq on, and close to, or above the top line? Is this normal? Or am I just too used to the recto bass? Ideas?

That's how I do it. I run my 6600 just below the line and my lead treble at 7. It screams.

Im not done dialing it in, but **** it, im taking it into the studio this weekend- Ill use it for lead tones at least. Wish me tone finding luck!

Boogiebabies, Im assuming you have in the past, but would you mind posting your lead settings?

Lead Volume 8 1/4
Treble - 7
Bass - 2
Mid - 5
Lead Drive - 8 1/4
Presence - 3 - Pulled for smoooth in for balls
Master - of Puppets

80 - Below top line
240 - Mid line
750 - Just above bottom line
2200- Between bottom and mid line
6600 - just below mid or just above

Simul-Class Triode with EL34's in outer, 6L6's in inner
( Using GT 6L6GE and GT 6CA7GE)

Reverb - 3

These setting have been with me on the amp for over a year.

SFWMarkIV.jpg

SFW said:
These setting have been with me on the amp for over a year.

SFWMarkIV.jpg

Wow! That's a slick little graphic. I'd like to have a full color template to save my settings on for future reference. That's pretty neat.

Hal9000 from the Harmony-Central Amp Forum did that for me. He doed excellent work. Here is another example of his work:

hal9000GigRig3_7_06RevC.jpg

Latest posts

Back