Petrucci & Mesa,1988

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richb

Reaction score

You won't see this pic around.
I took this back in 1988 in the Basement where Majesty used to pratice on Long Island,N.Y.(where were from)
John had his Mark III head with 2 Randall 4x12's.
he used to play this ugly B.C.Rich and if i remember correctly he was going through some different types of effects.at one point he used a Alesis Quadraverb!Either way he got a great sound but i'm still a firm believer that alot of that tone comes from your fingers.
I'm still taking pic's of John to this day.if you wanna see some cool shots,i have some posted on my myspace...
save this one to your files.in fact i'll be with john in a few more days.
i bought this petrucci silverburst "one off" BFR and i'm gonna ask him to brake it in for me so to speak at his wifes gig this week.
i'll post pic's of course.
Enjoy friends_
Richb
www.myspace.com/richbrymer

Dror520 said:
Are you and Petrucci like friends or something ?
i took some lessons from john years ago after pitrelli.On L.I. john was a Hot player..
read my myspace profile and it'll give you a better insight.
Richb

Dr.StrangeNote said:
Eh, wouldya happen to know which color stripe John's using on his Mark III?
hummm,i believe it was a Blue stripe.I'll ask him this Friday.

richb said:
Dr.StrangeNote said:
Eh, wouldya happen to know which color stripe John's using on his Mark III?
hummm,i believe it was a Blue stripe.I'll ask him this Friday.
Thanks.. That would be sweet to know which color stripe he used here. It would just make things so much easier... :)

Hey Rich, ask him if he still has that B.C.Rich.. If he wants to sell it, I'll come and pick it up, maybe this Friday! :)

richb said:
Dror520 said:
Are you and Petrucci like friends or something ?
i took some lessons from john years ago after pitrelli.On L.I. john was a Hot player..
read my myspace profile and it'll give you a better insight.
Richb

Did you know a guy named Ray Carrano? I played in a band (En Force) back in the early 90's with him and he was one of John's students for a while.

Hi Rich
I just went to your MySpace page (really like what I heard BTW) but you look real familiar, but cant place you.
Probably crossed your path during the eighties trying some Boogies either at Sam Ash Huntington (when they carried Boogies) or maybe Focus II in Commack.

:wink:

John

Adjusted the color levels
johnpetrucci1988linymajmq7.jpg

6L6C said:
Hi Rich
I just went to your MySpace page (really like what I heard BTW) but you look real familiar, but cant place you.
Probably crossed your path during the eighties trying some Boogies either at Sam Ash Huntington (when they carried Boogies) or maybe Focus II in Commack.

John
yeah man,those were the places where i hung out(mostly focus II) both in nassau and suffolk..
pitrelli in nassau and petrucci in suffolk :D
i used to live with Dominici and also( Spike from HOTSHOT)

6L6C said:
Hi Rich

John
yeah man,those were the places where i hung out(mostly focus II) both in nassau and suffolk..
pitrelli in nassau and petrucci in suffolk :D
i used to live with Dominici and also( Spike from HOTSHOT)

Cool vintage photo Rich. I spoke with John a couple of times and he never mentioned the Mark 3. Plus I haven't seen him use or refer to one since Images and Words. I hope this doesn't mean he hates the Mark 3 ? It's a great amp.

That's a really cool pic ! Is this the legendary basement underneath the Hair Salon that they practiced in? Very cool. I also want to know what stripe it was!

Back