Petition... Roadster switching lag/latency

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c.t.d-nicke

Reaction score
Anyone up for a petition regarding channel switching lag/latency on Roadster?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, read this thread: http://www.forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=37594

With that question asked I beg all of you with working Roadsters (i.e. not encounter the problem yet or never will) to not comment on this. If you not have any problems (lag/latency)... lucky you! You may post about your "no-problem-at-all-works-splendid-never-failing-instantly-switching-try-new-tubes"- annotations in other threads. Thank You! :wink:

I seriously do not know if the Mesa/Boogie staff ever read this forum. But if they do, the petition may get their attention.

I'm sure that they know about this problem but not necessarily the extent of it so this might help them too!

I'm also curios to see how many of you that got this problem and how many "faulty" units we can accumulate.

I'll be the first to sign this petition!

For the love of Roadster

nicke

Signed. Even the slightest lag in switching with an amp in this pricepoint...from this legendary amplifier company is absolutely absurd.

Nitrobattery said:
Signed. Even the slightest lag in switching with an amp in this pricepoint...from this legendary amplifier company is absolutely absurd.
absurd is the word :?

nicke

So, it seems that the problem we face is limited to just a few cases. Well, it also seems that we are just unlucky, although I still believe that if it's more than a single case, it is more than a coincidence.

If you have news from you tech please advise. Perhaps, I should get my Roadster to the dealer, too.

My 2 cents...I dont know exactly where I read this but someone wrote that he was advised by Mesa's help desk, to cycle through the channels starting with channel 1 to 4 before switching the amp on out of stand by. I do this and I have no problems with latency etc. Maybe I'm lucky but I dont get this problem. I just hate the sound of the switch in the amp, it's sounds very mechanical, compared to the 5150III's switching.

klutch said:
My 2 cents...I dont know exactly where I read this but someone wrote that he was advised by Mesa's help desk, to cycle through the channels starting with channel 1 to 4 before switching the amp on out of stand by. I do this and I have no problems with latency etc. Maybe I'm lucky but I dont get this problem. I just hate the sound of the switch in the amp, it's sounds very mechanical, compared to the 5150III's switching.

Yes, I do this when I first turn the amp on in standby. I cycle through all the channels a few times and turn the amp to spongy/bold in ch 3. It is supposed to remove any "static" in the amp.

Latest posts

Back