Pedal levels and F/X Loops

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbird

Reaction score
I've got a notion that when Mesa says "set your effects to 100% wet in your effects loop", they're talking about rack based effects. What about pedal effects like Boss's Digital Delays and Reverbs? I've been experimenting with these and would like some advise on where to set the pedal levels in relation to the channel masters, loop send, and loop return levels. Typically, I've been setting everything around straight-up (noon o'clock). Is there a right or wrong way about all of these levels?

yes these other effects are designed to work in the effects loop.
I set it up much the same except I crank the Effect Level all the way up (on the stomp box), and put the mix on the Mesa Amp at NOON. Noon gives me the most equal mix of guitar sound and effect (if I turn it down I get essentially all guitar sound, and if I turn it up past noon all I get is the effect and not much guitar sound.

I would also like to know if this is the optimal way to use these so if anyone else has some suggestions that would be great. :)

Dave

Jbird...Are we talking about your 2-ch Dual? I dont remember if you have a series or parallel loop. Does it have an FXmix or FXblend knob on the back or just the send level?

If it has the extra knob (parallel), set your FX send around 1:00, FX mix at around 10:00 (on the amp) and the FX mix on the delay pedal all the way up. Adjust the mix knob on the amp to taste.

If no mix knob (series loop), use the mix on the pedal to get the desired ammount of effect, and set the knob on the amp so there is no difference in vol when switching the loop in/out.

Latest posts

Back