Patent Pending

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Black Shadow is an MS 12. Understand it was made by Eminence. Lots of info in the forum. 150W rating, not too bright. There was a no name speaker when I got the amp used in the early 80's. Big square magnet. Not sure Boogie shipped it or not.

Snottyboy said:
^^^^^ Wow, great information above! So maybe I have a JBL K120, always thought D120. The Altec Lansing sounds like it would be up my alley as the JBL gets a little piercing at some settings. Maybe an MC90 would be a good fit, too...anyone try one of those in a IIA?

Well, my II has a 15" JBL which I don't find piercing at all; but then and again, it's a 15. I have tried an EV 12-L, and it's the classic Boogie sound; I wasn't impressed with the MC 90, which is why I have the EV in my Mk V. It just didn't have the headroom, and sounded more British than Boogie.

Now, I'm running the preamp out of the Mk II into the effects return of the Mk V, and the sound is HUGE! I did have it set up in stereo, but I couldn't get the natural amp overdrive out of both at the same time. This way, I can add modulation to the signal going into the Mk V, and have an incredible wet/dry setup; with all the deliciousness of the Mark II's Fenderesque tone at 190 watts.

igfraso said:
Has anybody ever seen a Vega (Cerwin Vega?) or the G-12 (Gauss?) in a Mark I or a II-A?

I have just seen a Cerwin-Vega DG12A speaker factory-installed on a Mark II-A (1978).

Latest posts

Back