Owners of both MKllB/ MKllC,that use these without pedals?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Athanasatos

Reaction score
What was essential upgrades from B to C's.
And in practice, how was sound affected?
Also,does anyone know status of the new Mesa STR-Sylvania reproduction Smith was looking forwards to?

For the improvements between the II-B and the II-C, check out Ian's wonderful site:

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/IIC/IICLit.html

Regarding the Sylvania replacement, I heard they were very happy with the STR-440. But maybe you heard something different and they are working on something.

Regards

What I never knew is that there was a reverb switch on the II-C that allowed you to go from a background reverb to a deep reverb.
Has anybody ever used this capability?

I thought the reverb footswitching was just an on-off switch.
regards

Thanks Daniel.
I read in some Randell Smith interview he was developing a STR-415(6L6) replicating the original Sylvania 6L6.

igfraso said:
What I never knew is that there was a reverb switch on the II-C that allowed you to go from a background reverb to a deep reverb.
Has anybody ever used this capability?

I thought the reverb footswitching was just an on-off switch.
regards

Back then, I ordered the reverb footswitch (US$25, with cable) to check out that feature. It does produce a deeper reverb compared to the reverb sound without the footswitch. Just dial up the reverb knob real high and you can tell the difference between the two.

I suppose to each its own, but I am not too crazy about the II-C reverb. Fender amps' reverb sounds much better IMHO.

Thank you, Boogieman.
I have just learnt that also Mark IIIs have this capability.
regards

Latest posts

Back