Original price of Mark IV in 1990

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesa1360

Reaction score
Does anyone know or can remember the price of mk iv when it first came out in 1990?

I had one of the first Mark IV's a couple of months after they were introduced. I think they went for about $1200-1300 plus shipping. Kept it till 2005 and sold it for $1250. Best deal I ever got. :D

ya im pretty sure they go for more now..i paid 1400 for mine from halfmachine on these boards, late 90s version B.. pretty much in perfect working and cosmetic condition, with a 1 month old set of mesa tubes..if you figure in the value of the american dollar increasing over the past 10-15 years (i think it has anyway) its an even bigger increase.

The average price of the last seven Mark IVs sold on eBay is $1356.57.
High price was $1575, low was $1150.

When I bought my Mark IV brand new in '89 it was $1,200 which was the same as the Dual Rectifier when they came out a year later.

Thanks for the pricing info guys. Very interesting stuff. :D

So if you bought one way back in '89, played it for 20 years, and sold it now for $1300, that's not bad at all. :D

I also noticed in ebay that even the old series A's in well-maintained condish are selling for good money.

Back