Ordering a new V30 speaker online. advice please

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elpelotero

Reaction score
I'm going to order a new V30 speaker for my 4x12 Std. Cab and was wondering if anyone has ever gone through music123.com. I know they're trustworthy, but i specifically wanted to know if they sell the ENGLAND V30 or the CHINESE V30. I have heard that Celestion has a Chinese factory, but my Mesa cab carries the England speakers and I'd like to match them. thanks!

far cheaper to buy it through avatarspeaker.com. whether or not its chinese, i have no idea. you can email him and ask him and im sure he will provide you with an answer.

Actually, is there even a label on the outside that says WHICH factory it came from? This would obviously be helpful. I checked the avatar site and it says they have chinese. My Mesa cab actually has non-black shadow V30's. I know it's still celestion if you get a black shadow, but i'm looking for what i already have. Obviously these things are for sale somewhere if their inside my 2005 cab already.

if you want to stayed matched, then get the m/b speaker. Many amp builders have speakers built to their specs, even if it is off of the same V30 platform. Although any ohm matching V30 would surely work, you may want to spend the extra dough and get the m/b speaker.

Unless your cab has had the speakers replaced, they are MB, even if they don't have the MB stickers on them. Sometimes MB didn't put their stickers on their speakers for some reason. This usually happens with closed back cab's.

TW

musicbox said:
far cheaper to buy it through avatarspeaker.com. whether or not its chinese, i have no idea. you can email him and ask him and im sure he will provide you with an answer.

I'll second the suggestion to go with Avatar. All of my cabinets were either made by, or have speakers that I got from Avatar. Awesome people to deal with and fantastic prices.

Latest posts

Back