Ordered My Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howitzer

Reaction score
Im pretty Psyched, Ordered it on Monday. Normal build time is 6-9 weeks, correct?

Now all i have to do is figure out what enclosures to buy - Those avatar's look pretty nice.

When i tried my friends combo through a recto cab - It made quite a lot of noise on the lead channel, while not playing. His gain was pretty high, and his volume was a bit low, but any ideas on how to avoid it (Mid gain etc was engaged)

Anyways, I cant wait to jump into all the tone possibilities, and figure out my own sound!

I got mine in November... All I can say is...You're going to love it! Throw away your overdrive... you'll never need another one. It you don't have a nice Digital delay/reverb unit get one and get it into the effects loop asap. The reverb on the MKIV is the only weakness in the amp. I'm wanting a closed back cabinet to complete the package. 4/12 might be too much to pack around so 2/12 might be the way to go. Good luck with it and if you enjoy the sound half as much as I have enjoyed mine you'll be in heaven!

I find the reverb in my Mark IV to be just fine, to hell with the digital reverb. I have three Avatar cabs to use with the Mark IV, one G212H semi-open back cab loaded with Celestion Blues, and two G410 cabs loaded with four 10" Celestion G10 Vintage speakers. Normally I use either one or both 4-10" cabs with the Mark IV. As for the noise on the high gain channel that's normal for any high gain amp, the best way to deal with that is to use a noise gate in the efx loop.

Well - As the member in a rock band, and aspiring career musician, I want to run 4 cabs - Just to look cool.

Actually I would love to run 2 cabs with Vintage 30s, and 2 cabs with some other speaker (perhaps eminence, or other celestions ( Greenbacks?)).

And just to bring anyone up to speed on my proposed rig - it will be my current single rec, run parralell with my Mark Iv, and each going (at least) to its own cabinet. Philosophy? Take the greater sizzle, and greater (Much more loose) Bass of the Recto, And tighten it up with the more focused bass and overdrive of the MkIV.

Who knows, I may hate the sound, and run the Recto as a slave power amp - could be worse : D

And lastly, I do not own any distortion pedals - Ive been using amp distortion since day one (which was a marshall avt 50 half stack!). Through my own personall experience the sound of tubes walks all over solid state.

Any reccomendations on speakers would be greatly appreciated. Im sure I will ask about pickups in the coming weeks!

Cheers
Matt

(Anyone know the build time?!?!)

"Through my own personall experience the sound of tubes walks all over solid state. "

Same here! nothing like tube compression and break up. The mark Will always be my amp to raise the dead.[/quote]

Latest posts

Back