Opinions please!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billfoma

Reaction score
I got a Mesa Nomad 45 2X12 with Vintage 30s about four months ago in a trade that ended up coming out to me spending $300 for the Nomad. It is my first Mesa amp after years of Crates, Fenders, and Peaveys. I have been reading this board since I got the Nomad, and despite the dislike many of you have for the Nomad, I LOVE THIS AMP! I've gone from carrying three (YES 3!) amps and a boatload of pedals to the Nomad and a small pedalboard. Now for my problem, I WANT ANOTHER MESA! I'm wanting something AC-30-ish, Class A. I have been reading abou the Maverick and the LSS. The Maverick is definately more in my price range ($600-$800 right?), but I'm looking for opinions from those with more experience with Mesa Boogie! Thanks to everyone in advance!

Haven't played a LSS, it may be more Vox-ish than a Mav, which I owned . Mavericks are great, but old school. You'll need pedals for modern ultra high gain stuff. Fantastic cleans, though. Chimey, just the right breakup. The narrow chassis heads (17") and the 1 x 12 combos have a cooling fan the 2 x 12s don't. You can switch out the rectifier tubes for even more "sag" and old school charm, if you like.

Maybe I confused some with the comment, "I WANT ANOTHER MESA!" What I meant is, I want another Mesa to sit NEXT to my Nomad and use them together. I'm thinking I'll use the Nomad for my Les Paul, but I need something for my Tele, it doesnt need to be super gainy, just breaking up nicely. Think Toad The Wet Spocket, Gin Blossoms, Matchbox Twenty. So, Maverick or LSS?

I'd try out one in a 4x10 combo. And don't disregard the Blue Angel. They're right in your budget range and if you like an edgy class A growl then you might take a shine to it. That also comes in 4x10 configuration. I'm thinking the ten-inchers will add depth to your 2x12's. Both of these amps came stock with ALNICO's. No master volume though, so if you want a high gain 'chug' it'll need some pedal help.

Latest posts

Back