Old Triple Recs - when did they start making them?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaxNelson

Reaction score
I am on a patient quest for as old of a Triple as I can find. When did they start making them? Does the pre-500 idea apply to the triple as well? Does the Triple have a separate serial numbering series than the Dual, or are the included in the same serial number line? Meaning... can 899 be a Triple and 900 be a dual?

I recently got a 93 Dual... but back in the day I had a Dual and Triple and remember the Triple sounding better. Any advice for tracking down an old Triple and what I should be looking for? All input is much appreciated.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen one with the attached power cord and/or small logo.... I'm not sure when they switched those.

DaxNelson said:
I'm not sure if I've ever seen one with the attached power cord and/or small logo.... I'm not sure when they switched those.
Nor have I, I've been on the same quest for a small logo, attached cord Triple Recto for a while and have never seen one yet. Somewhere,(I'm not sure where) I have an old Mesa single page flyer anouseing the release of the Triple Rectos, but darn it if I can't find it! I'm sure it would shed some light on the date release and I also remember there being a picture of one on the flyer.
I've alway thought large logo two channel Triple Recto's loaded with a good set of EL34's sounded way better than a large logo TR or DR loaded with 6L6's.

yeah i **** sure its 93,also they made them with the serial loop ,f board,small logo ,chrome chasis black face, there was one on ebay about 7months ago that was broken that went for 700something..but they do seem very hard to find for sale,,gooodluck :)

Yeah I saw that one, asked the guy for some better pictures even tho the BIN price is rediculas and so is the shipping cost.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/msg/444438200.html

looks like an old Triple Rec...Black Face/Chrome Chassis too! 8)

yep, that one looks like the older brother of mine. I'd love to have it, just to compare with my 3 channel. I've never personally met anyone with a 2 channel triple. Heck, I'm the only one that I know of in the area that has a Triple Recto period, everyone else that plays them locally or nationally that we have shared the stage with has had duals. Great find on the craigslist, too bad the pics are s%*ty. Does appear to have an attached chord, and I'd beg to differ that mine is the crap that the lister says it is :evil: :evil:

-AJH

Latest posts

Back