Old Recto Loop Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normape003

Reaction score
Hi Guys. First post on here so a very quick introduction. I've been a long time boogie (DC5, Single and Dual Rectos) user and have been reading these pages with interest for a while now.

This is a question for you guys with older 2 channel rectos. Last year I scored a 92 blackface - if I'm reading the date right its March 92 - and I absolutely love it, but the loop sucks tone like you wouldnt believe. It loses quite a lot of volume, and a hell of a lot of top end and gain. Doesn't matter what length of cables I'm using either.

I actually dont use the loop in any amp that much but it is annoying. Anyone had a similar problem and do you know of any solutions. I could put a parametric eq that I have around in to push the levels back up but that would be a pain. Are they all like this?

Any suggestions on a cure would be welcome, cheers.

I used to have a 12/92 - 1/93 dual recto, and now I have a mid-'93 dual recto. I believe you're simply referring to the serial loops that revisions C-F have (and a few revision G's). From my experience, using the loop sucks a lot of tone regardless of what you do. I absolutely refuse to use the loop on my red channel. I occasionally use a delay on my orange channel (the tone for cleans isn't that great anyway). I don't really have any suggestions; I'm just letting you know that it's not just your amp.

Latest posts

Back