Old Black Sabbath!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I always forget how good the original Black Sabbath was!

They used to be my all time favorite! I haven't listened to them in a long time, but I just popped Sabotage in and all I can say is HOLY *****!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with you Monsta! All time favorites for sure.
Hole in the Sky, Symptom of the Universe oh yeah!
I saw them live right before they put that album out.
Right up close to the stage, out doors show, I'll never forget it.

Still listening, must be the 3rd time through!
Just heard the ending of Symptom!

I was probably only 4 when it came out and my parents were Cuntry fans, so I never even found out about them until after Ozzy's Bark at the Moon came out!

Your story reminds me of the time I went to see Slayer.
The next day, we all thought we were so freaking cool.
Then, one of the Algebra teachers walks up to us and says, 'You guys must think you're pretty cool huh?'
:lol: We just sort of said, 'Hell fucking yeah!'
:oops: He looks me dead in the eye and says, 'I saw Hendrix at Woodstock! When you can top that, come see me!'

Talk about letting all the air out of your balloon!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't top Hendrix at Woodstock but I did see some good shows back in the seventies. My teenage years.
That Sabbath show is one of my favorites though. Turning around to look behind me and watch the crowd was something else.
A sea of arms holding up the peace sign fingers, wreathing in unison to the music. Mimicking Ozzy in that famous Volume V pose.
Thick smoke (funny smelling too) and spot lights. The best ever.
Where's the time machine?

I've been on this huge Van Halen kick lately. For some reason, I only whip out the Sabbath once in a while now.
Guess that's what happens when you listen to everything but country.

I love everything up to Never Say Die. Mob Rules is great too!

If you have not heard it, check out "Live Evil" by Black Sabbath. A double album with Ronnie James Dio on vocals and Vinnie Appice on drums. Tony and Geezer are whipping *** as well. Some of the songs don't sound right without Ozzy singing them to me, but the production for a live album is awesome for its vintage. 8)

If you saw Hendrix at Woodstock and you remember it.....were you really there?

GTS...even better calling Sabbath Metal is seeing Led Zepplin in Metal sections of Rock History movies and books.

What song makes Zep Metal? Bring it on home? Whole lotta Love? Captain Crunch riffs there....List goes on and I cant seem to find any Metal songs they do.

Sabbath and Zeppelin were the first metal bands, that's why the coin was termed. The definition of "metal" was changed by the marketing depts. to sell product to 14 year-old boys.

:D Just put it on the Ipod! I'll listen to it at work tomorrow!

Now, where's that Earth recording at?!?!?!?! :lol:

I remember renting a Video in 1989 (I was 19 at the time!) of live Sabbath.
The music was incredible, but Ozzy was pretty uneventful. Most of the band just lightly banged their heads and didn't move much.
Ozzy kept saying, 'Come on man! Don't just sit there, get up!'

I think he says the same exact thing on 'Speak of the Devil!' :lol:

gts said:
MrMarkIII said:
Sabbath and Zeppelin were the first metal bands, that's why the coin was termed.
They were? Really?
Labeling them metal: By whom and when?
We (teenagers of the 70's who listened to and went to their concerts) never called Sabbath metal.

I think you meant "the term was coined" but then again with your sense of humor maybe not....

Sabotage is a great album (I still have it on vinyl!! :shock: and a turntable too :shock: :shock: :lol: )

I think that by the time I was a teenager, they basically were playing metal.
You have to admit that Mob Rules and Born Again were easily as heavy as any thing out there at the time. At some point, they left the groovy, jazzy, psychedelic stuff behind and went straight for 'Heavier than Tony's mama!' :lol:

I started with Born Again, and loved it! Then someone turned me onto Mob Rules and that was killer too, especially since Dio was already on his own and I was familiar with that. Then, a friend of mine said that Ozzy used to sing for Black Sabbath. I straight up called him a fucking liar!

He played Paranoid for me and I didn't like it. It was just not what I was used to hearing from Black Sabbath. Too earthy and not enough heavy!

After a while, the older stuff just grew on me. I haven't listened to Born Again in at least 10 years, but I listen to at least one of the older albums with Ozzy every few months or so. Each time I do, I am blown away. I even like 'Never Say Die,' which seems to be hated by most of my friends.

My wife just turned 30 last month. I'll be 39 next month.
She had never heard early Black Sabbath and couldn't understand why I was so obsessed with it.

We listened to the whole 1st album (do they even make those anymore?).
She couldn't believe that it was Ozzy!
She couldn't believe that she could understand Ozzy!
She couldn't believe that Ozzy wasn't whining!
We tried to watch the Ozborn show once and it really sucked donkey schlong! She and I both thought that he was such a burn out that it wasn't even worth our time.

Latest posts

Back