Old 2 Channel -vs- New 3 channel Mesa Dual Rectifier Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slightly geeky observation but hey this is what this board is for!! has anyone noticed how the original dr's channel cloning was called "channel style select" then changed to "channel cloning(tm)" then back to "channel style select" again at the end of its run?? probably a trademark issue?? the 2ch manual refers to both.

so the theme on this thread and others is that ppl prefer the 2ch - but there will always be exceptions. i was curious about the 2ch after reading the posts here and wanted to purchase one (cash willing) to compare (probably over a year before i did it). i think there is a clarity issue with the 3ch but overall sounds great and that red modern whether u like it or not is a monster.

mesa thought lets make the mighty recto more versatile having the extra channel, fx and a second master volume all foot switchable but probably at less of a cost to produce then the 2ch im guessing? adding more for less will always cause issues...

Back