Oh MAN!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sideburns

Reaction score
Picked up a Mesa Standard Cab yesterday.........Holy S*#@! :shock: You all weren't kidding about the low end of this thing! Completely different world than my Line 6 Cab! It's one of the ones where it's a slant cab, but the sides are straight if that makes any sense!!

sideburns said:
Picked up a Mesa Standard Cab yesterday.........Holy S*#@! :shock: You all weren't kidding about the low end of this thing! Completely different world than my Line 6 Cab! It's one of the ones where it's a slant cab, but the sides are straight if that makes any sense!!

I added a Mesa 4X12 traditinal cab to my rig a year ago . Best move i ever made .

sideburns said:
ytse_jam, I have a 2ch. dual rec and a 3ch. dual rec. :)
they must sound huge through your standard cab! I think you had/will have to work a little bit on the eq to avoid excessive muddiness/looseness with this configuration, don't you?

Actually, it's not near as bad as everyone was saying it would be! I left the eq the same as with my old cab, and it sounds pretty much the same just way way bigger. I have KT77's and the GZ34's so it's not that flubby at all! If I did want to make it a little tighter, what kind of eq would you suggest? I have it set at this:

Master-10:00
Presence-9:00
Bass-11:00
Mid-2:00
Treb-11:00
Gain-1:30
Tube Rectifier
Bold
EL34 Mode(KT77's)
Red(modern)cloned to Vintage

I have a 2ch Recto and Oversized cab. Keep the bass below noon for your rhythm channel and you're just fine.

I like the bass just above noon for leads on Orange/Vintage though.

Latest posts

Back