Not Enough Gain MK3 Boogie

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshboogie

Reaction score
Guys,

Help!!!, I have a MK3 Boogie which I use with a 2006 Jeff Beck Strat, I am not getting enough gain/sustain out of R2 or the Lead Channel, I am running the 1st pos gain at 10, Treble at 10 and Lead at about 8.

New tubes about 3 months ago.

I know that the Strat is Single Coil, but surely I should get more than I do now.

At the weekend, I was running the amp in a live situation in Class A at about 5 and the distortion was weak.

Any ideas?

Boogiebabies said:
I would use a clean boost pedal or a T-9/ Boss SD1. I was plating my MK III last night with my 95 MM Luke. It has EMG's and it really does not push the R2 with single coils, but I got a great blues tone. When I switched to the humbucker it was crunch heaven.

I know what you mean, I had a Luke and I'm missing it like crazy - it screamed on the humbucker on R2!!

I have a Zakk Wylde overdrive pedal which sounds like s@@t with single coils - TS9 here we come!!!

Boogiebabies said:
Why would you ever get rid of a Luke? :shock:

I have three with Floyds. I will take them to my grave.

Its a long story involving my want for a Les Paul Custom, I had the later version with vintage trem in Luke Blue, jeez, I loved that guitar, Luke is one of my heroes too!!!

One of my guitar is a Luke II (the one with the Vintage Music Man Tremolo) in Luke Blue too, i like this guitar !

Boogiebabies said:
Why would you ever get rid of a Luke? :shock:

I have three with Floyds. I will take them to my grave.

I had a Luke 1 and I almsot loved it. And the singles handled gain really sweetly. SA 57's I think which I hear are no longer available. I had just about the best neck pickup lead tone I ever got on that guitar.

Latest posts

Back