NOS Rectoverb Series I 1x12 Combo for $901????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
If you found a brand new Rectoverb Series I sitting in a store would you buy it?

The guy is kind of a ruthless business man, but he only wants $901 for it.

He says that it's $1 over Dealer Cost. Is this true?

This amp would be from around 1999 or 2000. They had a huge stock of Boogies when they 1st opened.

Some of them had serious problems though. Dual Recs blowing Output Transformers, Nomads with footswitching problems, etc.

Is it possible for a new Mesa Dealer to buy factory seconds? I don't think I noticed any 2 or S after the serial #.

I'm going to try it out today.

How does the Reverb compare to the Series II?

How does the tone compare to the Series II?

Monsta, if I'm not mistaken, they only cost about 999-1099 retail back then so I find it hard to believe that 900 is his cost. Anyway, check ALL the controls to see if they work. MY buddy has a series one where the reverb is non-existant, the presence control doesn't do anything on the clean channel and the output control adds no volume. Other than that the amp sounds fine.
Monsta-Tone said:
If you found a brand new Rectoverb Series I sitting in a store would you buy it?

The guy is kind of a ruthless business man, but he only wants $901 for it.

He says that it's $1 over Dealer Cost. Is this true?

This amp would be from around 1999 or 2000. They had a huge stock of Boogies when they 1st opened.

Some of them had serious problems though. Dual Recs blowing Output Transformers, Nomads with footswitching problems, etc.

Is it possible for a new Mesa Dealer to buy factory seconds? I don't think I noticed any 2 or S after the serial #.

I'm going to try it out today.

How does the Reverb compare to the Series II?

How does the tone compare to the Series II?

Do you also get the full 5 year warranty, because it's never been owned? I would think so, but I'd confirm that. Other than that, $901 sounds like a fairly good deal for a "new" Mesa in today's market, if it's the amp your looking for.

I looked at the amp today. I have to say, the Series II has way too many upgrades to make me want to settle for a Series I.

The Reverb Tank is actually inside the amp chassis, instead of in the bottom of the cabinet. What the hell is that? No wonder the Reverb is non-existant on your friend's.

It looks really nice, but there are some scars in the tolex, and the footswitch is very beat up.

I might offer the guy $700 or $800, but I just don't know. I would end up rebuilding the Reverb and changing it to tube driven. I don't think I want another project.

On the other hand though, he has a Nomad 100 2x12 combo that is pristine, except the footswitch which is beat up.

I looked in the vents on the back of the chassis though and saw a ribbon cable and some sloppy wiring.

I like the features of the amp, but didn't get to play it because there were about 10 people in the store at the time.

Latest posts

Back