Noob roadster questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

existenz

Reaction score
First question: when switching from bold to spongy, should I turn the amp off before changing to the other mode or can I just switch it directly to it?
I'm a bit confused because there is the "0 - off" in the middle of the switch which would suggest that I should first turn the amp off before I change into other mode.

Second: does it matter if I keep the loop system in engaged (where the send and return are active) even if I don't have any devices connected to it?

You don't have to, but I think it is a good idea to get in the habit of always use the standby switch when doing anything with a tube amp. As for the loop, it shouldn't matter if is engaged or not, that's up to you. Cheers!

I talked to Mesa about this and they said you can just flip between the two modes directly.

fredster said:
I talked to Mesa about this and they said you can just flip between the two modes directly.
Ok thanks! It just seemed so odd that you could switch directly to a mode where the voltage gets suddenly lowered.

Latest posts

Back