NOOB MARK IV OWNER

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocket

Reaction score
Hey guys been lurking here for a while and want to say thanks to all that post here ! Great sight with alot of good info ! I just bought a new MARK IV with a 2X12 vert. recto. cab . I must say WOW This thing is a BEAST. :shock: IT does it all ,(Thanks to everyone here and on grail tone for the settings ) AT first i Thought it might not be for me but after trying a few of the seetings on these 2 sights WOW IM IN TONE HEAVEN !!!! YES I KNOW IM A NOOB but this is my 1st tube amp and this thing is awsome !! AGAIN THANKS EVERYONE ! :D

Thanks PLAYYPUS ! When i picked up the amp i really wanted a 4x12 recto cab and they talked me into the 2x12 cab and i must say the 2x12 cab sounds AWSOME ! but i was wondering if the 4x12 cab would have a fuller sound ? ITS Killing me ! I would have tryed the 4x12 but they didnt have one . I see alot of people with the combos and dont hear them complaning . So maybe im just being a NOOB . DOES THE 4x12 sound FULLER ? or AM I JUST BEING A NOOB ! I wont be Playing GIGS or anything so i wont be moving it around once its in MY jam room thats where it will stay ! It just seams to make sense that a 4x 12 would sound better ! and only for a couple hundred more ! seams like a no brainer ? Some one set me straight on this ! thanks

You are pushing more air with a 4x12 that is true.. but fuller and better are subjective words in this context. Personally, I much prefer my Mark IV with a 2x12 recto cab as you have it. I find it sounds the most pleasing to my ears. The bottom line is, if you like what you have then don't worry so much about it... or go try the 4x12 and see if you like it more.

It's always fun to experiment :)

Platypus said:
You are pushing more air with a 4x12 that is true.. but fuller and better are subjective words in this context. Personally, I much prefer my Mark IV with a 2x12 recto cab as you have it. I find it sounds the most pleasing to my ears. The bottom line is, if you like what you have then don't worry so much about it... or go try the 4x12 and see if you like it more.

It's always fun to experiment :)

Couldnt have said it better.

I prefer 2 4x12's :wink:

Yes , but he has to file an environmental impact statement first . 8)

Welcome to the board , Rocket .

MAX, i can not take the credit for my settings, it was on grailtone.com that i found them ! :shock: GTS, i think i would have to mortage the house for 15 :idea: :D and then i would have to fill out for the enviroment imapact statement :cry: But thanks for the helping out guys i will be going today to give a 4x12 a try out today !

well i went yesterday and tryed out a recto 4x12 cab and it was a hard decision but im sticking with the recto 2 x12 ! it just seamed tighter and like platypus said more pleasing ! Maybe it was how big or the acoustics of the room ? I dont really know as i didnt bring my 2x12 with me to compare side by side ( DUMB A**) AGAIN take this with a grain of salt cause its comming from a tone def drummer trying his hand at guitar ! :lol: HOWEVER I am in the market for a used recto 4x12 cab if anyone has one they want to part with for a resonable price . that way i can compare the 2 in the same room with the same settings and the same DEF TONE DRUMMER CAN MAKE UP HIS MIND :D

It's a really great amp! i just got it 1 mth ago, at first it was daunting as i didnt know how to set it up
but now, whoa, the tone is good. on the lead channel now. i am still exploring the R2

Wow...your FIRST tube amp is a Mark IV!?! You're really lucky...it will probably save you a lot of money. I went through tens of thousands of dollars worth of amps before I learned what makes good tone and where to find it. I now have settled on a Mark IV and I love it. You have quite a head start. Congrats and enjoy the amp.

Mesa is the way to go for tube amps. I used to play a Peavey XXX, but it is child's play compared to the tone of the Mark IV I used to have and now the Roadster... SCORCHING amps. Congrats on the amp and welcome to the forums!

Back