Nomad 100 FX Loop mod to convert to serial

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thinkofone0

Reaction score
Hello fellow board surfers... I sincerely apologise if this is an old subject but has anyone done a mod on a Nomad 100 [or other] to convert the FX loop to serial as opposed to the standard parallel configuration. A schematic would be priceless....... [well almost]

Like many others I have the old 'digital multi-fx in the parallel loop' issue - ie. phase cancellation as you wet up the signal. The problem is that I am otherwise quite attached to my G Major which sounds just fine through a cheap Fender Deluxe with a serial loop. Through the Nomad though as you wick the FX level all sorts of evil occurs.

For those interested I have found that if you apply the same mod to the Nomad as the one published to the Rectoverb it works fine...... Case Closed

I mod'ed my FX loop to serial! With the chassis out. and facing you. The mix pot had 3 wires on it this is what you do: 1. disconnect. 2 & 3 connect together, or 1. disconnect, 2 & 3 leave connected for a return level control. Make sure to insulate any unhooked wires, and discharge the amp before poking around.

Back