Noisy Stiletto Ace 2X12 combo!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riffraff

Reaction score
Hi! I've had the amp for several months now & it just start making popping & distorted noises. It happens even if I unplug the guitar cord. I've only used it for one practice & one gig & for goofing at home. It aslo makes a loud pop when I turn it to standby which it never did before. So, White noise. popping without being plugged in & a loud pop when turning to standby. Tubes you think? Mesa is closed today (Fri) & the place where I bought are no longer dealers. Any thoughts? Thanks!

My MKIV was doing that but it was only happening when playing at a certain venue. It may be the power supply is dirty where you're using it.

Thanks for that! I have a Mark IV also! Great amp! Anyways, when this started happening I was plugged in at home playing as I have done many times since I bought the amp & it just started doing it! (white noise & popping). Any other thoughts?

My LSS does the same thing. Also it makes loud popping noise when switching channel. Sent it to the shop. The tech preliminary told me that these new Mesa use FET switching and may has to be replaced. I'm still waiting for the full diagnostic, and will post the info.

riffraff said:
It WAS a preamp tube! V1 to be exact. Works fine now.

I felt pretty confident that was the culprit . My Deuce did the same thing and it was V5 that was the faulty tube .

Latest posts

Back